Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

How to warm up on an unfamiliar piano?

Discussion in 'The Piano' started by hyenal, Dec 25, 2010.

1. hyenal

hyenal New Member Piano Society Artist

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Thank you Chris for the kind words :D After that performance I really think I should organize public performances more often (whereas I haven't done it for myself yet). Surely we amatures need more practices in regard of public performances...
    Hahaha, the audience consisted of just old pastors and their spouses, so even if I had such an equipment, there was nobody, whom I could ask. But on the other occasion in this season ( :lol: I repeated Lyadov barcarolle already three time in the last two months, so I feel myself a bit like being a touring artist :wink:) one of my friends filmed me playing the same program with his i-phone (that was the day, on which I recorded and submitted the Lyadov piece), but I haven't got it yet. I could ask him about the video, but I don't have the guts to watch it, frankly speaking. The performance was not that successful, because I ate too much delicious things just before playing, which I realized after Alexander's pointing out was a big mistake.

BTW an amusing story from the recent performance just occurred to me. As the host of that event announced that Ms Lee is going to play "Jesus bleibet meine Freude" by J.S.Bach and I walked to the piano, a pastor said among the audience: Which number? flipping through the pages of the hymnal (we actually sang together one song from the book at the very beginning of the event and at that time a musical pastor accompanied us on the piano). He thought at this time I accompany the chorale :lol: :lol: (The German pastors are accustomed to the original work, indeed.)
    The host, the most charismatic preacher in our city with a very strong personality, retorted: We don't sing, but listen!!! :lol:

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Oh but we do, being a fearless bunch :lol: