DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 755

fazioli vs stainway

Discussion in 'The Piano' started by softkeys, Oct 27, 2012.

1. softkeys

softkeys New Member

I played a Stainway and I love its sound, but I’ve heard that the Faziolis are sublime in the same way. What do you think about?

2. pianoman342

pianoman342 Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Tucker
    First Name:
    Riley
    Hmm, I've never heard of a Stainway. I wouldn't buy one if it had stains on it. Grape Juice, Tomato Sauce, no way. :lol:

I've heard of a STEINway. Perhaps you meant Steinway Pianos. Built by the reputable company, Steinway & Sons.

I've never tried a Fazioli, I've heard they are nice, but cost as much as a house. :shock:

If someone gave me a $1,000,000, I would want myself a proper grand piano. a decent Steinway or Fazioli would be at the top of my wishlist.

But for now, I can dream on... :roll:

3. johnlewisgrant

johnlewisgrant New Member Piano Society Artist

Retired
    Last Name:
    Grant
    First Name:
    John
    Well... if you seriously have the money to contemplate... make that PURCHASE said instrument....?????

At that level its really about 1. your personal taste and 2. the INDIVIDUAL piano.... because there WILL be considerable differences between instruments by the SAME company !!!!

My own preference would be for a Hamburg Steinway, if I could get to the factory and actually pick one out for myself.... concert grand of course.

I find those superbly designed Italian pianos on the whole just a bit "tinny" ....!!!!

But that's where personal taste comes in!!!!

4. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Not tinny at all! Every time I play this one certain Fazioli, I always admire its warm and soothing sound. And the touch is divine! Yes, personal taste is what counts. I wouldn't turn down either piano if someone were to give me one.. :)