DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2017-12-31
$ 1,000
So far donated
$ 1,045
Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2016.
A big thank you to Project Petrucci who has helped us already meet our 2017 goal!

Example Submission Voting Poll?

Discussion in 'General' started by jordanr, Jan 4, 2016.

?

What Should the Options Be if we use voting for submissions?

1. Score

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Musicality

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Sound Quality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jordanr

jordanr Administrator Staff Member

Last Name:
    JORDAN
    I was talking to Francois again. This time we were talking about poll options on new submissions.

This post is an example of such a poll.

The attached poll allows members to voie multiple times. It also allows members to change their vote say if the recording is reuploaded with better quality. I am not sure if the voting is anonymous. We will see. The voting is not restricted, but I am sure I can make that happen.

Please share feedback on what voting options should be on the poll. The suggestion here is that if admins vote for all three options then they approve of the recording for inclusion in the PS database. If one of the triple-note options is lacking, then the recording would need more work.

Richard

2. Francois de Larrard

Francois de Larrard Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Researcher
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Larrard
    First Name:
    Francois de
    Hello Richard,
    Thank you for addressing this point. IMO,
    - we could refine the notation (eg let' s put a mark from 1/5 to 5/5 for each criterion);
    - we can only take the mean value of all marks like the final one, with the condition equal or greater than 3.0, which would determine the ´pass or fail' decision. Hence an outsanding musicality can correct an average precision, or a pretty bad sound can be accepted if both accuracy and musicality are excellent etc.
    - the poll would stop when two conditions are fulfilled: 1) the recording was submitted for at least 1 month 2) at least three registered members did vote.
    If you can program such a process, then we could make a trial with a void recording, checking that the members understand the system and verifying that the system is working properly.
    Since the 'Audition' forum is the most seen, couldn´t you propose this 'collective evaluation' trial there?

3. jordanr

jordanr Administrator Staff Member

Last Name:
    JORDAN