DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2018-12-31
$ 1,000
So far donated
$ 135
Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Digital pianos and audio interfaces

Discussion in 'The Piano' started by Bansisingh, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Bansisingh

Bansisingh Member Trusted Member

Last Name:
    singh
    First Name:
    Bansi
    Hey guys, so, I've had my Yamaha CLP 535 for some time now and while it's been great, the interior sample library has started to wear and become a little bland to me. I've done a lot of research and played a few demos of some standalone piano sample libraries such as Addictive Keys and Pianoteq and they sound great!

I just have a question if anyone is using any of these programs with their digital piano, what kind of set up do you use? Do you use an audio interface for lower latency and better ASIO drivers or do you find your computer/laptop to be powerful and fast enough?

At the moment I'm using a MIDI to USB cable to send MIDI data to my laptop, but I've heard bad things and I'm having a bad experience with the ASIO4ALL driver being glitchy and performing poorly which is why I'm considering an audio interface, however, I can't seem to find much help online regarding how to go about setting it all up or which one to choose for live playback through a pair of headphones. It's really for my own pleasure of a more authentic sound rather than the need to record through a sampling program or anything.

Any help would be appreciated