Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Dienel - Wer nun den lieben Gott lasst walten

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by techneut, Aug 1, 2015.

1. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    It has been over 3 years since I made an organ recording. After playing this organ for some months now I felt sufficiently comfortable to start again. Even so this none too difficult 2-page piece took me some time to get right.
    This is number 39 of Otto Dienel's collection of 43 Chorale Preludes op. 52, Wer nun den lieben Gott lasst walten (Who only lets dear God rule), based a chorale written by Georg Neumark in 1657. This popular chorale was used by many composers like Bach, Walther, Mendelssohn, and more recently, Otto Dienel (1839-1905). It seems to be one of the most popular items of this collection.
    The organ is the Naber-Reil (1974) of the Open Hofkerk in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands.

Dienel - 43 Chorale Preludes Op.52 - 39: Wer nun den lieben Gott lasst walten (2:20)

For those who can bear to see my grim face there is a video here: https://youtu.be/_HldZZkGPik

2. andrew

andrew Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Wright
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Youtube:
    alkanliszt
    I do like how it was shaping up to finish with a Picardy third, which is such a cliche, then changed its mind. :)

3. Francois de Larrard

Francois de Larrard Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Researcher
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Larrard
    First Name:
    Francois de
    Beautifull, Chris. Didn't know this composer... Hence, this music could have been composed 100 or 150 years before, but this is not a reason to disregard it, and your rendition is very professional !
    BTW, I'd be very keen to hear more organ from you (as the PS Kappelmeister !). Organ is a fantasm for me: I would love to study organ, but I don't think I'll ever find the time to do it... Maybe when I am "al otro barrio", as Spanish people say...

4. MarkieUK

MarkieUK Member Piano Society Artist

Student
    Last Name:
    Hopwood
    First Name:
    Mark
    Very nice playing, as always. Which stops did you use? I like the way they bring out the counterpoint.