DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 750

deleted

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Anonymous, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This file does not exist anymore

2. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    never heard this one before. In fact, I never heard much of Clementi besides his Sonatinas :roll: Thanks to individuals who care to record lesser played pieces and submit them here, I can expand my horizons :D

3. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Well, shame on you, juufa72. In fact a splendid recording of this same Sonata has been sitting here on PianoSociety, right under your very nose, for a long time.....
    So if you want to expand your horizons, look around on the site.

4. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Re: This wonderful piece for you

I think I can hear that you love it, although it is hard to comment due to the awful sound quality of this recording. I believe you are a very capable piano player (if perhaps a little rushed and sloppy in places), and would gladly add you to the site if it was not for the lousy sound... It is really no pleasure to listen to, and I needed great determination to sit it out through the end. I think you will need some better recording equipment. Myself and some others here, use an Edirol R-1 or R-9 portable mp3 recorder, which produces pretty decent sound and is very handy to use. I can recommend it.

As for Clementi - I think he deserves a place alongside Mozart and Haydn. He wrote splendidly for the piano, never minds Mozart's sneering comments about him, and this sonata seems to be one of his best works, even though this movement rather outstays its welcome (it's far too long for its musical contents).

I really hope you will be able to submit better sounding recordings soon, so that we can have you join as a pianist ( we do not do that without one or more recordings).

5. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    This one I could open. :wink:
    I too have not heard this Clementi piece before. It sounds like it would be fun to play, just like the Sonatinas. I can tell you enjoyed playing this, but the quality of the recording made it hard for me to hear certain things. Such as dynamics - the music naturally has some ups and downs as far as where the dynamics would change, but I didn't hear that. Also, I hear a kind of hissing noise which makes it sound like you are using too much pedal.

Is the tempo marking Presto? Vivace? Allegro?
    It seems that sometimes you were almost rushing the tempo, the whole piece was like a fast-moving train. Could there be any places to slow down a bit? I may be totally wrong, since I don't know this piece. Again, you sure can play the notes. But the quality of the recording makes it hard to hear any of your personality.

6. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    I believe that Clementi should also be placed next to Beethoven. As Clementi did influence Beethoven's sonatas.

it's getting pretty darn big. I mean, 1000+ recordings! :shock: