Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Debussy Image book 1 - Re-record of Mouvement

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by MarkB, Oct 5, 2009.

1. MarkB

MarkB Member Piano Society Artist

Chartered Engineer
    Last Name:
    Budd
    First Name:
    Mark
    Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkBPiano
    Hello,

I have re-recorded the 3rd piece ("Mouvement") of the Debussy Images book 1.

Following Techneut's comments, and having listened a little more to my original submission of "Mouvement", I think it is too sluggish.

This resubmission is hopefully more "mouvement" . I'd like this version to replace the one on the site if possible.

This time I relied more on my memory than relying on the sheet music (recording fright set in originally I think).

Thanks.

Regards
    Mark

Debussy - Images 1, No. 3 "Mouvement"

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    This sounds a whole lot smoother and less cautious indeed, if still a mite too slow for my taste. The triplets are clear and even, only in some places I can't really hear the top note. Not sure if that is because of the piano, the way you play it, or my crappy headphones.

I'd have chosen to play the climax a bit more expansive and sonorous (it passes by rather matter-of-factly here), and have the last note sound out instead of cutting it off abrubtly. But these are minor things, and maybe personal taste. A good job by all standards.