Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Debussy : "Cloches à travers les feuilles" (Image 2/1)

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Chauvineau, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Chauvineau

Chauvineau Member Piano Society Artist

astronomer
    Last Name:
    Chauvineau
    First Name:
    Bertrand
    live recording (Japan, July 2006) Piano Yamaha S6

Attached Files:

2. Francois de Larrard

Francois de Larrard Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Researcher
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Larrard
    First Name:
    Francois de
    Hello Bertrand,
    Beautiful rendition of this marvelous piece, that I had the pleasure to practice years ago. The sound is very nice (except the pedal noise, but this can be difficult to avoid, and impossible to delete in an existing recording !). By the way, since you are a newcomer, could you tell us about you (who you are, where do you live, what is your story with the piano ?). Thanks a lot,

3. Chauvineau

astronomer
    Last Name:
    Chauvineau
    First Name:
    Bertrand
    Hello François,

thanks a lot for your kind comments ! Yes this is really an amazingly beautiful piece, one of the most representative of what Debussy was trying to create as an atmosphere with a piano.
    Sure I can say a little about me ! I am living in the South of France, close to Grasse to be precise (at Le Tignet, to be even more precise !). concerning my relationship with the piano, I have learnt at Ecole Nationale de Musique de Cachan (a city belonging to Paris' suburb, in brief ...) where I get the Excellence prize in 87. Then I moved in the South of France to complete my scientific formation. In the same time, I completed my training as a pianist at the Institut Muical Européen of Besançon, where I get the diploma one year after completing my scientific formation.
    As a living, I work as an astronomer at Observatoire de la Côte d'Azur. But the music never failed to be present in my life, regularly practising (despite a break during a few years after my second child's birth) and giving some récitals from time to time. The posts I proposed, and that I plane to propose in the future, were recorded during these concerts.
    In fact, an important (at least for me ...) change happened in my musical life some years ago, when I completely switched to composition. I hope to post some of them soon ...

Best, Bertrand

4. Francois de Larrard

Francois de Larrard Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Researcher
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Larrard
    First Name:
    Francois de
    Hi Bertrand,
    It looks like someone serious joined PianoSociety ! For your intronisation, we would need a picture in addition to a biography.
    I hope you will get feedbacks for the many recordings you've just posted. The only thing is that summer has always been a calm period, since many people are in vacation, far from their computer. So, don't be anxious if you have little reaction by end of August.
    Otherwise, PS is asking artists to stick to certain format in terms of "tags". You might check the following post:

http://www.pianosociety.com/threads/file-naming-and-id-tags.5114/

For writing tags, I use a free software called Mp3tag that you can easily download on the web. All the best,

5. troglodyte

troglodyte Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Professor
    Last Name:
    Parrow
    First Name:
    Joachim
    Really well played and very truw to the Debussy idiom. For a live performance this is remarkable, I hardly heard any slips!

6. Chauvineau

astronomer
    Last Name:
    Chauvineau
    First Name:
    Bertrand
    Hi,
    here is the same file, but properly named, following François's and Monica's suggestion!
    Sorry for the bad naming, but I were not aware of the rule concerning the namings at the time of my first posts ...
    Best, Bertrand

Attached Files:

7. Chauvineau

astronomer
    Last Name:
    Chauvineau
    First Name:
    Bertrand
    Hi,
    this is a new post of the same file, but with the tag properly filled in. I hope all is in order.
    Best, Bertrand

Attached Files:

8. Francois de Larrard

Researcher
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Larrard
    First Name:
    Francois de
    Hi Bertrand,
    This one is up ! Please put a link to your page and check everything is OK. Thanks