DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 755

Connection problem

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by techneut, Oct 28, 2010.

1. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    In case anyone wonders where pianolady is hanging out these days : she's having a strange connection problem lately, not being able to connect to PS whereas other sites work ok. We are trying to work it out. Has anyone else had any connection problems (like: server3.pianosociety.com did not respond in time) ?

2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Thank you to everyone I've emailed asking to check your connection to the site. After trying about a hundred things in an effort to solve my problem, I finally learned the problem is with my router. I called the cable company and that's how I found out. It did not occur to me earlier that a router can suddenly just block one website like what happened to me. Weird. Maybe my router simply got tired of connecting me to PS so often. :lol:

3. robert

robert New Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    http://pianosociety.com
    WLM:
    robertstahlbrand@hotmail.com
    Great to see that you solved the problem...kind of strange that it randomly blocked. Automatic intelligence in the router that didn't act properly?

4. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Beats me. For a few days, my router prevented me from logging onto the site, and my cable company told me I needed a new router (I COULD log on when I took the router off line). Then I learned that I could have the router connected but use a proxy server to connect to PS, so I was connecting that way for a couple days. But all that is the part I don't get. Stranger still is that suddenly one day everything was back to normal. I thought I had to buy a new router but now it's working properly again. Damn aliens.... :roll: :lol: