Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Completing the G major Partita. (Short video)

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by DemhaOdnanref, Jan 14, 2008.

1. DemhaOdnanref

DemhaOdnanref New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Anzaldua
    First Name:
    Ahmed
    Hello.

My first recordings on this site were the corrente and sarabande from the fifth partita (in g major) by JS Bach. Then I added a few movements. Due to being in another country, it was impossible for me to add the rest of that particular recording (I was also quite new at using the computer and had no idea how to cut up, convert or upload the files).

I'm back home now, and was digging through my old recordings (these recordings of the partita are from 2004, more or less). Unfortunately it seems the CD holding that concert is scratched beyond repair :( It had a concert with the second Liszt ballade, and some smaller works and the G major partita and some Preludes and Fugues from the well tempered clavier.

I am a bit disappointed that the recording was lost, although thanks to Piano Society, I can at least get back half a partita from that concert :) I am relearning the works from that concert now (at least the partita and the ballade) and I would like to update the one on the site so that there is a complete set. Would this cell-phone camera recording serve as a placeholder for the Giga until I rerecord the entire thing? :D My brother took it when I went back to my beloved pianochord, or harpsiforte, or whatever you want to call it on which I learned to play a few weeks after the original recording. That piano was a PINK Petrof upright. The sound quality is terrible, but I actually like how it sounds. Its a sound oddly suited for this music, and maybe some Rameau and Byrd?

2. John Robson

John Robson New Member Piano Society Artist

Retired
    Last Name:
    Robson
    First Name:
    John
    Party

This video, as with most others on PS, won't open for me.

3. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    I got only sound, no picture.
    And I'm not sure about the sound quality. It is strange (not your playing, of course, which is great).

Robert will have to decide about this.

4. DemhaOdnanref

Last Name:
    Anzaldua
    First Name:
    Ahmed
    Strange... I get picture and sound. It's an .avi file.

In any case, it's no big deal if you don't put it on the site. It's completely understandable, considering the quality of the movie being cell-phone camera quality. In any case, I'll be relearning it soon.

5. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    It opens perfect for me using both Windows Media Player and DivX-player. DivX can be downloaded for free from:
    http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/

My major concern is though the sound and video quality which does not really match the criteria we have set for the site (being 128 kpbs and with little or no clipping and distortion). Quite a different camera angle to begin with :).

Your playing is wonderful as usual with the most natural feel for the music and technique but isn't there any way you can lend recording equipment or perhaps buy yourself?

6. DemhaOdnanref

Last Name:
    Anzaldua
    First Name:
    Ahmed
    No problem, Robert. Maybe my first post wasn't well-written. I don't really expect you to put this on the site. This is more of a curiosity that I found while looking for the other recordings (which were lost). Thanks for the kind opinions.