Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Chopin Preludes Op. 28 (1)

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by DavidBryce, Dec 22, 2009.

1. DavidBryce

DavidBryce Member Piano Society Artist

Senior Development Scientist
    Last Name:
    Bryce
    First Name:
    David
    Thanks for explaining how to see the postings. I realise I should have remembered this. I think it's fair to say my judgement is now impaired.

Also I'm mostly restricted to evenings here when I can respond. Once again thankyou for your time.

Perhaps time for me to step back a mo and take time over the holiday period to reflect on my recordings. In summary it is the first 10, but I accept from your comments that at least some of these will need doing again.

I've recently taken up lessons again and these are the ones I've mostly worked on. I'm looking forward in the new year to improving especially on the others.

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    There was nothing unwelcome here. Just an objective and honest response to the many obvious problems in these recordings. You bombard a site with immature recordings, you expect to get some flak. I don't think it would be different anywhere else.

That certainly was not clear to me.
    The main purpose of Audition Room is to evaluate recordings intended to go on the site. If something is not intended to be published, it can be posted here but then this should be mentioned.
    As said, these days we expect stuff in the Audition Room to be more or less ready. Any pianist is expected to judge this for him/herself.

Like always, attachments are only visible to logged in members. It's only the admins that put recordings on the site and link them from there so that anyone can play them. But that is only after they have been admitted (admittedly, admins admit their own recordings).

Nah, there is nothing new here. Maybe you should hang around more often and engage in discussions to get a feeling for how things work here. We're not going to write a "formal conduct code", heaven forbid.

Anyway, enough said about this now. Let's all go back to practicing :D

3. alf

alf Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    Never mind, PS archive will do:

http://pianosociety.com/new/phpBB2/file ... 79_149.jpg

Lazy, or scared of being picked off by ignorant but powerful critics, or fond of the way they learnt it as students, or misled by old editions (actually only the more recent urtext editions align the 16th to the third note of the triplet).

4. DavidBryce

Last Name:
    Bryce
    First Name:
    David
    Oh yes lets! :D

Merry Christmas again everyone.

5. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Bah! Humbug! - (no, I'm just kidding. :))

Ok, Preludes 1 through 10 are up on the site. Please check the links to see if they are correct. Also - I wanted to mention this before - it's better to submit only a few recordings at a time instead of 20-plus.

6. DavidBryce

Last Name:
    Bryce
    First Name:
    David
    Thankyou. Links all tested fine.