Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Chopin Nocturne op.48 n.1

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Sandro Bisotti, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Sandro Bisotti

Sandro Bisotti New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Bisotti
    First Name:
    Sandro
    A new version, not different as conception (the IMHO evident nature of "aria con da capo" in Bellini style ) but probably a little more refined than the version already here.
    Happy if someone will appreciate, and thank you if you will substitute the old version.
    All the best,
    Sandro

Chopin - Op.48 no.1, Nocturne in C minor

2. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    I have replaced the old version with this new one. Not so different you say but it differs quite some in timing. About 1 minute slower this time and the old version was pretty slow comparing to a standard performance.

You really bring life and drama to this very dramatical Nocturne (very close not being a Nocturne according to my opinion) and you play it very well and gradually build up and carry out the ff climax in the B section. Fun to play isn't it? :) A shame a never recording it while I knew it.

3. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    A quite extreme, but very expressive performance of this well-known Nocturne. I think, you take much liberty concerning tempi and to play some chords not together as they should, but I understand, that´s your artistic liberty to bring more dramatic expression into this piece.
    So, an individual, but expressive style of interpretation.

4. Sandro Bisotti

Last Name:
    Bisotti
    First Name:
    Sandro
    Thank you Robert. I agree, this Nocturne is (or better, can be seen) excessive respect its traditional Chopin nocturne structure. A great, important theatre scene, almost a ballade. So I feel it is.
    There is a problem when one play so slow: mp3 compression and poor players of pc "cuts" the lids
    of the sounds. All seems "stop and go", where in the reality there is a continous well sustained melody. And go with your recording, also here you are right, great satisfaction in playing it, great music, probably my favourite nocturne.
    All the best,
    Sandro

5. Sandro Bisotti

Last Name:
    Bisotti
    First Name:
    Sandro

Thank you Andreas. Not easy this nocturne, an open problem and a necessary risky betting act
    (here, the "big theatrical scena with da capo, strongly linked to melodramma's world")
    As all the betting tickets, can have value=0.....
    All the best,
    Sandro