Thank you to all those who donated in 2015!

DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 595

Chopin Nocturne in C sharp minor Op. posth.

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love Chopin's nocturnes...

2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    This was very well played. I really liked your style and technique. Interpretatively, the only thing was the left hand section seemed a little slow, but that's only an opinion. But too bad about that poor piano. It sounds horrible (like it should be shot) Can you find a better piano to play?

3. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    Do you need to borrow one of my guns? Ooooo we can make some home-made napalm too! 8)

On a serious side. Queen of the Mazurka, and Duchess of the Sonatina is right by saying that the piano is bad. I also agree that the LH was lacking a little. But overall your playing is good.

-juuf

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your nice comments. Certainly, the LH section can have further improvement...

I could use the piano in the campus when I was an undergraduate. It was not a very good one, but at least better than my own piano. But now, I am doing scientific research in another university where no piano is available. And it's not so reasonable for me to buy a new piano because it's too expensive for me, and more importantly, I've been using it for a long time. It would be a pity to throw it away (although I really want to shoot it when it doesn't produce the desired effects that I can actually do!)

5. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Very well done technically as well as artistically. Some uncertainties in the start of the middle section, and as a whole it could be still a bit more free and imaginitive. A bit more pronounced dynamics would be good but then you need a better piano and recording ...
    You are definitely on the right track. Keep up the good work !