Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Chopin Etude in C Major, Op. 10 No. 1 (Live Performance)

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by liszt1970, May 7, 2008.

1. liszt1970

liszt1970 New Member

Pianist / Teacher
    Home Page:
  2. liszt1970

liszt1970 New Member

Pianist / Teacher
    Home Page:
    By the way, since I am still new here, I am not sure if my recording showed up on here. Please let me know if I need to do anything different. I attached an Audacity file. Thanks!

3. epf

epf New Member

Author/Computer Geek
    liszt1970,

Your audio file does not appear to have made it. When you submit the file you have to attach it on the form where it says "Add an Attachment" and put the file in the "filename" field then click the "Add Attachment" button. Then, when it returns from submitting the attachment you can click "submit".

Ed

4. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Hi,

Ed is right. And when you do upload your attachment, it can sometimes take several minutes depending on how large the file is.

Please go to your private messages. You have to be logged on, first. Then click on the upper right-hand corner where it says "You have messages".

5. liszt1970

liszt1970 New Member

Pianist / Teacher
    Home Page:
    Oh, I see it says the extension "aup" is not valid. I think I have to transfer it to an mp3 file first. I'll try it again when I can figure it out, hopefully soon! Thanks for your patience!

6. liszt1970

liszt1970 New Member

Pianist / Teacher
    Home Page:
  7. sarah

sarah New Member

Yes, it did! I thought you did a great job on this etude. Good dynamic variation, not a note incorrect that I could hear (with my less-than-stellar speakers).

8. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    I agree. Great job! You can submit your bio and photo right here on this thread, or email it to one of us and we'll be happy to add you as a member.

9. liszt1970

liszt1970 New Member

Pianist / Teacher
    Home Page:
    Thanks so much! I'll post my bio and picture pretty soon. I look forward to becoming and participating as a member.

10. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Very impressive ! And almost perfect (though not quite, there are 3 or 4 very tiny smudges that perhaps only I could hear :wink: )
    Very clever how you create these 'dry' pockets, providing an interesting contrast, even though I am not convinced that the idea is a good one.

11. liszt1970

liszt1970 New Member

Pianist / Teacher
    Home Page:
    Yes, I tend to experiment a lot with this Etude. Because of all the repetition- all 16th notes all the time- I like to try different colors and textures in performance.

Thanks for the comments!

Alexander

12. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Ok, Alexander. You are now officially on the site. Welcome to Piano Society!

This recording is up and so is your bio page. Please let me know if it looks all right and if the links work.

Thanks,
    Monica

13. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    An extremely well played performance! Hardly a key wrong in this very difficult etude and I like how you approach some passages without pedal and vary the dynamics. Makes it a lot more interesting. It even sounds like you apply soft pedal but that might be only the sound.

I cannot help to think that you might have been inspired by Perahia's version of this etude as his interpretation and yours have similarities.

Welcome to Piano Society!

14. liszt1970

liszt1970 New Member

Pianist / Teacher
    Home Page:
    That's an interesting comment about the similarities with Perahia's recording, because my performance took place before Perahia recorded his Chopin Etudes disc. Maybe he was there and got some ideas from me? Just kidding, of course. I consider Perahia a really top-notch pianist, much above my level of performance. Thanks for your input!