Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Can't Decide on a Digital Piano- Yamaha P-515 or Kawai ES8!!

Discussion in 'Pianists' started by jwalamukhi, Jul 10, 2019.

1. jwalamukhi

jwalamukhi New Member

Last Name:
    jwala
    First Name:
    mukhi
    Me: Adult beginner. Never learned an instrument, know nothing about music, but always wanted to learn. Motivated to learn piano. Quite passionate about the arts, and believe strongly in music. Honestly have no idea how to choose an instrument beyond Googling the hell out of it.
    What do I want to play?
    Will want to learn to play what I enjoy listening to. Big fan of soundtracks, including film, video games, and anime. Enjoy things like Apocalyptica (classical covers of grunge and metal), ambient and electronica, Jazz, Blues, classical, rock. Really love hearing piano covers of familiar modern music, and would definitely want to learn lots of them. Classical is nice too, but probably would always be less than half of what I play.
    What I am looking for in an instrument:

2. Leon T

Leon T New Member

Last Name:
    T
    First Name:
    Leon
    If you're not so sure about your music journey, I highly recommend the Casio S1000/3000 as well. They have a very nice keybed and both are 88 keys as well.

3. Pianist Magazine

Pianist Magazine Pianist Magazine Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Magazine
    First Name:
    Pianist
    Hi all, just wanted to let you know that we are having a huge sale on all of our issues of Pianist magazine! For today only, you can download any of our issues for just £2.99. They are usually £6.99. Find out more here - https://pocketmags.com/pianist-magazine/issues