DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 860

Brazilian Music: Tico-tico no Fuba by Zequinha de Abreu

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Anonymous, May 28, 2007.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello guys! Here's one more piece. This time by a Brazilian Composer Zequinha de Abreu. The piece is a "Chorinho" and it is called "Tico-tico no Fuba". Also this time, the recording and the sound is a little better. ;-)

Comments, please! ;-)
    Thanks

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Here is one of these melodies that everybody knows (at least I know I've heard it before) without knowing where it comes from (yeah, Brazil, obviously :D ). Is this an original composition by Abreu, or did he just adapt an existing song/dance for piano ?

Your clarity and rhythmic precision are amazing, and technically this can not be bettered. All the same I find this sounding rather dry and digital and would have wished for a bit more swing and languour. It sort of breezes by, as it were. Of course this is not the kind of piece to make a heavy meal of, but I feel that more could be done with it. Just a matter of personal taste though.

3. John Robson

John Robson New Member Piano Society Artist

Retired
    Last Name:
    Robson
    First Name:
    John
    Brazilian?

This is an old popular piece of music which I used to hear as a child. The name of it has slipped my mind, but I have heard it many many times. You played it very well.

Wish I could remember the name in English. CRS

4. robert

robert New Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    No kidding! I guess anyone with at least some sense of music would agree. But I had no idea who composed it. A very good performance!