DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 825

Bluthner

Discussion in 'The Piano' started by amateur, Mar 31, 2011.

1. amateur

amateur New Member

Hi, i am thinking of purchasing a Bluthner, more specifically a Model B (tallest of the vertical at 132cm)

any feedback you can give me? how would you compare it with the Steinway K132 or Bechstein Concert 8?

thanks a lot

2. cricklewood

cricklewood New Member

Hi,

I've not much liked the few Steinway uprights I've played. I've quite liked the few Bluthner uprights I've played. I've played several large Bechstein uprights, and one of them was the upright from heaven -- huge and beautiful singing tone, and easy to play. Others have been more ordinary but still good. So as usual, if you're buying new, try as many individual pianos as you can and choose the one you fall in love with. Happy shopping!

3. amateur

amateur New Member

thanks a lot for your help

4. tastentiger

tastentiger New Member

The old bechstein uprights are all very good, but nowadays they produce at Petrof and this means ist is a 'Massenprodukt' (total industrial product). The Blüthners are mostly wonderfull but sometimes with little mistakes..... The best uprights I ever have played are the Steingräbers 120 and 132....

Tom

5. RWAS

RWAS New Member

There is a new Blüthner upright, model S, which was released earlier this year. It is 57" tall and with its string length and soundboard size, it would probably out-class some of the premium, small grand pianos. Unfortunately, I have not yet tried one.

Regards,
    Robert.