DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 755

Beethoven Sonate op. 110

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Juliapiano, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Juliapiano

Juliapiano New Member Piano Society Artist

pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Froschhammer
    First Name:
    Julia
    http://www.juliafroschhammer.com
  2. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    I enjoyed your performance. Regardless if there were slip-ups or not, it was a good performance. When was this recorded? How long have you been playing? What kind of piano was it? Will you share more recordings?

I think I can say "welcome to the site" (though I have no authority to make that an offical welcome :wink: :lol: )

-JG

3. John Robson

John Robson New Member Piano Society Artist

Retired
    Last Name:
    Robson
    First Name:
    John
    Welcome!

I thoroughly enjoyed following along with my score of the sonata. It was very well played. I particularly liked the fugue. Where was this performed? Was it a college recital?

I hope you make many more posts on the Piano Society posts for everyone to enjoy.

4. arensky

arensky New Member

Musician
    Home Page:
    http://pianosociety.com/cms/index.php?section=610
    Listened to the first two movements; very emotional, by turns sensitive and fiery. A couple of little slips, but nothing critical. In the first movement you stretch the melody a little bit too much at times and the phrasing loses it's shape and focus. In the 2nd movement you seem a bit unsure of yourself at times, then you turn around and dig in and it comes together beautifully. I enjoyed this very much, hope to hear more from you! :D

Piano was an American Steinway? (a game I like to play).

PS- Julia Rachowiecki, is that you? This is Chase from NAU Summer Music Camp.

If your not Julia R., never mind; although you play a lot like her.

5. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Welcome to the site, Julia, and thanks for this wonderful recording. I have little to add to what the others wrote already. In particularly the fugue is very strongly played, the contrapunkt beautifully brought out. A couple of misses in the turbulent final section, but that adds to the excitement - good job how you keep up the tempo and tension with all these 32ths running around.

If you wish to added to the site as a pianist, please mail me your bio and photo. If you don't mind, I would like to amplify this recording before putting it up, as the volume level is very low.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Juliapiano

pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Froschhammer
    First Name:
    Julia
    Dear friends,
    thank you all for your nice commentaires. I played this as the first piece in one recital in the big hall of the Conservatoire de Lausanne in Switzerland on the 17.6.2005 on a Steinway from the year 1998, I don`t think it was an American one, but never mind. I`m happy you liked it, and would be glad to open one "site" in your society. Enclosed I send the photo and curriculum. It´s good to make the volume level of the recording a little bit higher, I just didn´t know how to do this without getting any strange noises, thank you.
    I think I`ll soon upload some other pieces...
    Julia Froschhammer

here my bio:
    The German pianist Julia Froschhammer was born in Munich on February 8, 1979. She began piano lessons at the age of six with her father, the pianist and composer Fritz Froschhammer.
    In 1995 she won a first prize in the German national competition „Jugend musiziert“. At this time she studied with Malvina Chizhik.
    In 1996 she began her studies with Vadim Suchanov at the Richard-Strauss-Conservatory in Munich which she finished in 2002 with the artistic diploma.
    In 2000 she won with her brother, the violinist Felix Froschhammer, the only prize in the category violin and piano at the "International Wolfgang-Jacobi-Competition" for chamber music of the 20th Century.
    From october 2002 on she continues her studies with Jean-François Antonioli at the Conservatoire de Lausanne. In the same year she got together with her brother Felix a scholarship from the „Bayerischer Musikfonds“. In 2005 she got her Concert diploma with distinction and won the Paderewski Prize.

She has played as soloist and chambermusician in many national and international concerts and did Radio-, CD-, TV-recordings. She participated in numerous masterclasses, e. g. at the Festival „Piano à St Ursanne“ 2005 of Avedis Kouyoumdijan; in the Duo with her brother Felix (violin) 2002 in the „Academie de musique“, Lausanne of Pierre Amoyal and Pavel Gililov or in the „Academia Musicale Chigiana“, Siena 2003 of the Trio di Trieste (Diploma di Merito).

8. schmonz

schmonz Amitai Schlair Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Schlair
    First Name:
    Amitai
    Heh, I was born that February 9. Maybe if I'd arrived a day earlier I'd have been around when the assurance and technical facility were being handed out. :)

9. robert

robert New Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    http://pianosociety.com
    WLM:
    robertstahlbrand@hotmail.com
    A very good recording and it is always nice to hear and "feel" the live atmosphere. Welcome to the site!

10. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    These are up the site (after a 6 Db volume boost) and your page is created. Looking forward to your next recordings !

11. Juliapiano

pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Froschhammer
    First Name:
    Julia
    :arrow: techneut, robert
    Thank you for creating one page for me. I`m very happy to have a page here, I really like your piano society site, there are many nice recordings and people, of course...that´s a real pleasure.

:arrow: schmonz
    ...you know that you have birthday on the same day as Alban Berg :) (just a couple of years later, I suppose... :lol: ) That´s very good, I think...

Julia