Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Beethoven Sonata #26

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by diminished2nd, Mar 9, 2009.

1. diminished2nd

diminished2nd New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Kendrick
    First Name:
    Austin
    The "Les Adieux" Sonata, Op. 81a.

This is just the first movement for now. I recorded this along with Chopin's Barcarolle (which I'll upload in just a little bit) and the 4th mvt of Prokofiev's 6th Sonata (which I'll also probably upload as an update since I think it's better than the one I have on here) to send for an audition to an international competition in New Orleans this summer. Tell me what you think!

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    This is promising but needs more work. This is a very difficult piece mainly because of all the double note runs. And that is where you are still a bit rickety, while overall you have a solid grasp. I find the sound a bit too dry, a bit more pedal and/or reverb may help. I did not hear any obvious mistakes or problems, and I'm sure that with some more practice on the problem spots you'll turn in a real good performance.

3. wiser_guy

wiser_guy Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

System Software Engineer
    Last Name:
    Assimakopoulos
    First Name:
    Pantelis
    I liked this one a lot. You have done a very good job with it. I can't tell you how to polish it further, you know better yourself. As far as the dryness Chris mentioned, I would prefer it as it is.