Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Beethoven op. 54

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by DemhaOdnanref, Jan 2, 2008.

1. DemhaOdnanref

DemhaOdnanref New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Anzaldua
    First Name:
    Ahmed
    This two-movement sonata is one of my favorites. Stuck between two of Beethoven's most famous, it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

This is taken from an informal recital in august, with a very old video camera. The piano is out of tune and the microphone was much too close to the piano. So the recorded sound is much harder and louder than it actually was (I had to fill a pretty big hall).

I haven't posted anything here in a while. I hope you all like it. My way of playing this sonata is a bit unorthodox.

Ahmed

Beethoven - Op.54, Piano Sonata no.22, I. In tempo d'un menuetto, II. Allegretto

2. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    The quality of the sound is not the best but you compensate it well with a splendid piano performance! As you say, this sonata is not very famous but for sure deserves the attention. Thanks for sharing. It is up on the site!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IMHO excellent pianism, very lively, comunicative and with a robust technical suit. Here and in Rachmaninov. Congratulations.
    Only (but you already know) the audio quality doesn't help to comprehend the
    (I repeat, IMHO very high) qualities of your playing.

All best,
    Sandro

4. DemhaOdnanref

DemhaOdnanref New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Anzaldua
    First Name:
    Ahmed
    Thank you very much. I hope to have some things up soon with better audio quality.

By the way Sandro, I loved your Fantasie-Polonaise. It's one of my favorite things to play in concert, I was going to put up a recording of it soon. Anyways, when playing something for so long, the piece starts to become a bit stale. Listening to many of the little details in your interpretation was like a breath of fresh air.