DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 755

Bach

Discussion in 'Useful resources' started by pianolady, Mar 7, 2008.

1. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Not sure if this is a ‘useful resource’ but I didn’t know where else to put this. I was just browsing the internet and came across something for you Bach people. Maybe you’ve seen this already – but I think it is fascinating, and I wish they would do it with Chopin’s head – or Mozart especially since I don’t know if there was ever a death mask made from him, but if so I have not seen one.

Look at both links:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/0 ... index.html

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080303/D8V638FG2.html

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    I'd seen the picture though not the bust. No doubt there is scientific accuracy here but also, as the author freely admits, guesswork. No clue why he was given a bronze skin-tone and short cropped hair, making him look like a middle-aged hunter or builder. And I am sure that thick lips and other such details can't be deduced from just a skull. I much prefer the Elias Hausmann painting.

3. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    I think men back then kept their hair short because it would make it easier to wear their wigs. Doesn’t that make sense? (the second link shows him with a wig)

I don’t see a ‘copper’ skin tone. That doesn’t matter, anyway. As long the bust is not a ‘black’ skin it would be considered a ‘white’ skin tone.

Also, if you compare the Elias Hausmann painting with this bust, you can see that they are very similar. The lips are the same, as well as the eyes and eyebrows. The only difference is the jaw line and also there is not so prominent a double chin on the bust. If I were Bach, I’d prefer this new image of myself.