DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 805

Bach - Partita No. 1 in Bb Major, BWV 825 - 1. Praeludium

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Chaconne, May 2, 2014.

1. Chaconne

Chaconne New Member

Hi all,

Hope you can take the time to listen to a live recording I made of this piece earlier today. Any critique and/or tips would be much appreciated!

Unfortunately, the recording was done on an (albeit rather good quality) electric piano, so I felt rather limited with my playing.

(Can post the other movements of the partita if you'd like).

Thanks,
    Alex

2. pianoman342

pianoman342 Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Tucker
    First Name:
    Riley
    I had a listen to your recording. I can certainly relate to constraints that can come from playing on a digital, as a digital player. I have this heard this piece before and I think I hear you play some ornaments that I don't remember hearing in the other recordings. I wonder what score you are using? Besides that, I think your tempo is quite good, you definitely were more in-tempo than Dinnerstein's interpretation of this piece! And though I couldn't hear some notes, I know it's hard to do voicing on a digital, and this piece could pose its own set of unique challenges that way.

3. Chaconne

Chaconne New Member

Thanks for the reply.

You are correct about the ornaments. I added a couple in that aren't notated in the score as I like to think Bach would have done from time to time!