Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Bach - BWV 671 - Kyrie, Gott Heiliger Geist

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by techneut, Nov 22, 2008.

1. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Today I had the pleasure to perform in the annual pupil's concert of my organ teacher. Two chorales form the Clavier Ubung III (aka German Organ Mass). As I was the first to play I was a bit tense and shaky in the first one, but the second one came out largely ok. This is a most wonderful organ, I wish I could play on it whenever I wanted... That would be heaven.

Bach - BWV 671 - Kyrie, Gott Heiliger Geist ( 5:37 )

This replaces my crummy recording on the site. It is unedited, and no reverb or other stuff was added. Just a 6Db volume boost to bring it in line with other recordings.

2. MindenBlues

MindenBlues New Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Schmidt
    First Name:
    Olaf
    Very well played, and it is live - my respect for that!
    You choosed a piece what is not very virtuosic but of course also no easy piece either. Probably a better choice for such an event instead to take a "show piece" with the danger to loose control in a run (something what happened in my case already...)

And now, come on, what's for an organ? Sounds like a beautiful old baroque war horse to me. Did'nt hear a 32' pedal register but that could be also because it probably would push your Edirol or my headphone out of the limit. So, a link to the organ with picture and rank dispositon would be already enough. :lol:

I am glad too that you did not add additional reverb. In a church there is always enough reverb I think, even in small ones. I know of course we have different opinions in that :D

3. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yes indeed. I wanted to do the large E-flat-major prelude from the Clavier Ubung III but my teacher was not in favour of that. It could have worked but it was just a little risky. This one, I feel comfortable with and one should always perform something that feels 'easy'.

It's a rather new instrument, my regular lesson organ, see http://www.vanvulpenorgel-ijsselstein.n ... p1pag.html.
    I absolutely adore it. Dang, to be allowed to play it only one hour every two weeks... it is torture.
    No 32-feet pipes, but I used a full plenum with Bazuin (Posaune), Mixture, and Trumpet in the pedals, and coupled manuals.

Not really. This one has a great natural reverb unlike the shoe box where I used to record.

4. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    I like your organ-playing and this instrument sounds really very nice. Do you do etudes for the pedal? I did in former times after the organ-school of Ernst Kaller, but I only play one or two times in the year, when I accompany the services in my school.
    I suppose, there are some few slips, but it sounds very nice in summary.

5. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Thanks Andreas. Yes there are some minor annoying slips - through nerves mostly as this one is not really difficult once you've learned it. No I have never done pedal exercises (except Bach's famous Pedal Exercitium). The pedal part here is very easy and yet I manage to stumble twice. I need to learn to have the feet ready in ample advance.