DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 755

Bach - BWV 652 - Leipziger Chorale - Komm heiliger Geist

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by techneut, Dec 5, 2010.

1. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Recorded this lovely chorale this afternoon. An unusual piece, it seems to go on forever in a rather subdued fashion, with long stretches of spare two-voice writing. Then, quote abruptly, Bach cannot contain his joy any longer and erupts in a peal of halleluja's. This piece takes a lot of patience and calm both to play and listen to. You'll have to listen past the noises of the rickety organ, which are all too audible with this very soft registration (just one 8ft flute and the added Quint for the cantus firmus).

Bach - BWV 652 - Leipziger Chorale - Komm heiliger Geist (alio modo) (12:42)

2. Rachfan

Rachfan Active Member Piano Society Artist

Chief Operating Officer, retired
    Last Name:
    April
    First Name:
    David
    Hi Chris,

This chorale seems very well played. I see what you mean by it being very lengthy. It is a beautiful work though. The organ noises were a bit of a clatter at times. Means you're too rough on the equipment?! :lol:

3. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Thanks David :D

It is a noisy organ at the best of times, being built in 1978 when the vogue was to re-create baroque organs in all aspects including the bad ones. Having said that, I would make less noises if my technique was better still. Also, this was recorded from quite nearby, with a borrowed Tascam recorder, whereas usually I record from a far larger distance so you don't hear as much of the noises.