Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

After 5 years absence

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Kazekayou, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Kazekayou

Kazekayou Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Yamada-Scriba
    First Name:
    Teppei
  2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hi Teppi,

Long time no hear!

I don't know why your donation should fail. As far as I know Paypal is a worldwide facility and i should not matter where you live. I'll ask Robert to check the donation records but perhaps you should check your Paypal account and record too. What exactly was the error or message you got ?

As to the new Bergamasque, I listened to the Prelude and the Passepied. Itt is not so much different from your previous version, it is very free to the point of being almost a-rhythmical at times, and I hear the same read errors as before. The new recording does not have the massive hiss of the old recording, it sounds clearer but also more thin and tinny. The Passepied I find very furtively executed. All in all I am not sure there is a case for replacing it. But if that is what you want, you should submit 4 separate tracks as before.

3. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    We can not find anything about PayPal restrictions for Japan, or about a failed transaction.
    Because we will greatly appreciate each and every donation, it is important that we get this to work. It was not a problem last time you donated, right ?

The problem could be that our "Donate" button links to https://www.paypal.com/uk/... So it is important that you set your country of origin to JP.
    If that does not solve it please post a screenshot of the failure you are getting.

4. Kazekayou

Kazekayou Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Yamada-Scriba
    First Name:
    Teppei
    Please let me know the e-mail address to which I can send money directly by paypal! I cannot manage so long as on your own page.
    Regarding my new recording I might be a particular Asian as I myself find my new recoding, even if I still leave mistakes, improved. If my effort were in vain
    I'm sad. Yet I'm very thankful if you replace them.

5. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    No need to be sad. There are many interesting things in the new recording, more so than in the old one. It is a "different" take on the Bergamasque indeed. I will replace it.

Regarding the paypal issue, we really need to know what exactly is going wrong when you follow the normal procedure. If that does not work, any other method will probably not work either. Can you please provide a screenshot of each step, and in particular of any (error) message you get.

6. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    These have been replaced.