Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 860

Advice wanted finding scores

Discussion in 'Useful resources' started by Anonymous, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm looking for a score of any one of FW Rust's sonatas - hopefully in both the original and the notoriously "improved" versions – for an illustrated talk or more likely talks to fellow amateurs on the piano sonata in the time of Beethoven 1770- 1827, planned for next year. The only scores I've been able to track down so far are 12 Sonates in an edition by Salabert [UMP50754]. Does anyone know this edition (which seems outrageously expensive) - are they the original or the improved versions? Are there any other versions still about?

Grateful too for any information on the availability of affordable scores of sonatas by J B Cramer, Kalkbrenner and Thalberg [ISBN nos. 0824061594, 0815308493, 0815308477 and 0815308485 seem to have been spirited away but would probably be beyond my pocket anyway at present prices], Tomaschek, Stanislao Mattei (did he actually write any?), Salieri (there are some enigmatic references on the internet to a C major sonata edited by Prosseda but little else), J W Hässler, J B Vanhal or Wanhal and, um, Hyacinthe Jadin.
  2. PJF

PJF New Member Piano Society Artist

Jul 13, 2006
    First Name:
    I take it you've scoured

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An excellent resource. That's how I found this site!

Yes on reflection can certainly take Kalkbrenner off my wishlist.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Er, better put him back on again. And take anything published by UE off. What a load of wasters.