DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 805

additional practice on the digital piano?

Discussion in 'Technique' started by Casper89, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Casper89

Casper89 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Bronner
    First Name:
    Friedemann
    In the afternoon, I can practice on an upright piano, thats fine. But in the evening, I can only use the digital piano with headphones because the other piano is a bit too loud.......Now I'm asking myself if it would be better for my technic if I don't practice on the digital piano in the evening. I think that everybody who ever practiced on a digital piano knows that it's harmful concerning the technic...But is it so harmful that it would be better to practice three hours on an upright instead of 5 hours with additional practice on an digital piano??

2. rachmaninoff

rachmaninoff New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Poortinga
    First Name:
    Robert
    ofcourse you can practice on digital. on conservatorium in groningen (holland) you have lots of digital piano's in the hall so everyone can play it and you don't have the trouble with to much sound :) I think it's very good.

3. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    but it does alter yout technique (and finger strength) when you play on a semi-weighted key keyboard. When I play on a real piano I play very quietly and some hammers do not even hit the strings. This is because I play 99% of the time on a semi-weighted key keyboard. :x