DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 805

Absence

Discussion in 'General' started by richard66, Jul 14, 2013.

1. richard66

richard66 Richard Willmer Piano Society Artist

Amateur musician
    Home Page:
    I have been away from PS for many reasons:

— The permanent hiss from my recording "equipment";
    — The appaling quality of my piano
    — Several other projects of mine which were occupying almost all the time I had free

The latter are finished, thank Heavens.

For recording I have been looking at the options, some of them good, wich are really not all that much more expensive than the thing I have now. Actually, my little MP3 recorder has been commandeered by my wife, who uses it four times a week to record lectures and there it does a wonderful job.

For the piano... I had hoped to move from our present flat at the end of January, but it did not happen, due to this and that. At present we still do not know for how long we shall be here: maybe three months, maybe two years; so it has not been possible to send this one back and to rent a better one. I do, however, for the nonce, have access to a better piano at a nearby music school, though it is always an upright, as their grands are all in use by visiting bel canto singers from New York. Hopefully they will allow me use of one of their grand pianos in September, after their summer holidays are over.

I have made, however, a small recording with a junior member of my family :D:

2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Hi Richard! Very very very sweet!! Thanks for a wonderful start to the day! :)

3. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hi Richard,
    Good to see you back! I had noticed your sudden absence, and wondered about it. Please note that hissing recorders and out of tune pianos are not considered sufficient reasons to be AWOL ! :)
    A sweet little recording. Your kiddo evidently likes to sing and has a taste for theater.

4. richard66

Amateur musician
    Home Page:
    It was the little projects that kept me so busy that in the end I was downloading everything that came up but only listeling to it three weeks later!

She recently took part in an adapted version of the Magic Flute which was given in public. I also have a recording of Papageno's song tucked away in the computer somewhere!

5. richard66

Amateur musician
    Home Page:
    You are welcome!