DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 805

A PS meeting

Discussion in 'General' started by techneut, Jul 30, 2009.

1. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yesterday I teamed up with Andreas, who is currently on holiday in the Netherlands. The plan was to record (video and audio) three Dvorak Slavonic Dances and the Mozart Sonata KV497. Andreas decided that we do page-by-page recording, with a camera angle switch to hide each page turn. Gosh that process takes a lot of time ! Especially as Andreas had forgotten to take his tripod, so we had to fumble around with side tables and stacks of books.

We managed to get pretty decent recordings of the Dvorak pieces and the first part of the Mozart, and an acceptable recording or the second part of the Mozart. Alas there was no more time for the final movement (it would have taken too much time anyway as this is a pretty demanding piece of work).

We had a bit of a shock at the end of the recording session, as Andreas discovered that his Zoom H4 had not actually recorded anything because the input switch was still set to 'External Mics'. This is a pity as we thought we had some good recordings for the site. Now we'll have to see how well the audio from the camera can be brushed up - it won't be as good as that of the MP3 recorder. If only I had put my Edirol on the job as well... but there seemed no point in doing that at the moment. Ah well. Maybe there is time to repeat the session.

Now Andreas will have some homework when he gets home, merging and syncing alll the different tracks. He's good at that and likes doing it, so I am not too worried about it :D

It was very nice to meet with a PS friend and make music together. I hope it will not be the last and only time.

2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    no video???? :evil: :evil: :evil:

3. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    You did not read properly ! Yes we have video but no separate quality audio from the Zoom h4. It has to be seen how much Andreas can brush up the sound as recorded by the camcorder.

4. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    This will be quite entertaining to watch. I can't wait. :p

5. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Oh. :oops: :lol:

6. alf

alf Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    Guys, I'm eagerly looking forward to watching your performance. And Dvorak looks like a great choice!

7. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    We have just decided to redo the session next monday, as Andreas says the editing job will be almost impossible without separate audio tracks. So we'll put the Edirol and H4 both in gear, just to be sure we have audio tracks now. Hopefully we can now also do the final movement of the Mozart.

8. hyenal

hyenal New Member Piano Society Artist

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Guys, I'm so jealous!!! :x
    If anyone comes near to Stuttgart and likes to visit me (it takes 30-50 minutes train from Stuttgart to my city), I'll prepare a great dinner in Korean style :wink: Of course there will be music played together... My choice would be Schubert's Fantasie in f minor. I can play both of the parts. So choose your favourite part, primo or secondo 8)
    Anyway I can't wait to watch your result!!!

9. alf

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    Hye-Jin, I'm VERY interested in both the Korean dinner and the Schubert! :lol:

10. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Alfonso, I know that you have a friend in Pforzheim. Do you have any plan to visit him? Then I could ask you to visit also Reutlingen at that oppotunity, if you are not so much irritated by my very humble apartment in a dormitory, the possibly bad instrument which can be available to me, my distorted spoken english and the crying baby at the dinner :wink:
    But really, I wish I had a chance to play the beautiful Schubert with one of you guys.

11. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    I've been to Stuttgart twice for work, once to Sindefingen and once to Boeblingen. It was a long time ago and will not likely happen again. Should I find myself in the neighbourhood suddenly, I'll come and play with you. And have a lavish dinner of course :lol:

But seriously, you should try find a piano partner via Internet. With your PS recordings as calling-card, it should not be so hard.

12. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Hi friends,
    here I am from the Netherlands writing with my amazing cell phone, but with limited possibilities of internet access and handling. I'm looking forward to Monday, 10th of august to our second meeting and I have bought a new tripod for my camera;)
    I'm sure to be very out of practice after two weeks of windsurfing and no touch with those little black and white monsters, but before we'll start our re-recordings I had to promise to play through the complete WTC foMr warming me up;)
    So, I'll do my very best like the butler in "Dinner for one"!:)

13. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Haha yes, but not after you've done the complete Hanon first to loosen up these lazy fingers :lol:

14. alf

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    My friend is a "she". Yes, I could drop by on my way to Pforzheim, but I could also map out a weekend trip to the Black Forest just to see you and play something together. This could be in Autumn or the next Spring. I've just bought a new car, taking advantage of government eco-bonus, replacing my old VW Golf. And it's a Hyundai! :wink: It's bifuelled lpg, so I'm more inclined to do longer travels by car now. By the way, I've recently had to replace the fridge, a ten-year GE, and I took a Samsung. So, as you can see, I'm going all the way South Korean! :lol:

15. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Techneut wrote:
    No, I'm only used to Chopin and Brahms etudes. :)

16. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Techneut wrote:
    No, I'm only used to Chopin and Brahms etudes. :)

17. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Hahaha, I see the dinner thing appeals most of all :lol:
    Sindelfingen and Böblingen are known as cities with much industries also to me. If you come to this area once more, let me know ;)

Thanks for the tip. You gave the same also about the chamber music partners, didn't you? I looked around internet sites, but I found the people in my region don't use the internet for such "local" things, but local newspapers or handbills in the supermarkets or in the libraries. But all the handbills I've seen so far are concerned with selling or buying used things, though. Maybe I should search the instrument possibility for myself first.

18. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    OH, really? Then I'll be very happy and it'll be such a great pleasure to me!!! :D I should beginn practicing gradually! I almost quit playing after the birth of Sol-Ji :roll:

Can you bring your stage piano to here with your new car? I'm still searching a digital and maybe buy one within the foreseeable future. Otherwise I could reserve the room where I can play sometimes, but the piano is not in a good condition :? Anyway, after your positive reaction the Schubert doesn't go away out of my head!

I don't know much about cars, but I can say the Korean fridges are quite good. They must be very good to satisfy the pricky Korean housewives :) I just ordered an Italian product via internet. It's like a Ferari in the field about children: a baby buggy of Peg Perego :D

19. alf

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    My car trunk is not big enough for the Kawai, but I think that by lowering the back seats I'd be able to make room enough for it. We'll see. I've never played that Schubert Fantasie before, except some bits once at Sandro's home years ago. So I'd better learn it now. :lol:

Yes, Peg Perego is quite a good brand.

20. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Hye-Jin, when my boys were a lot younger, I bought them a Peg Perego car. It was like a Jeep, rather large so they could both sit side-by-side next to each other while one of them drives. It ran on a huge battery almost the size of a real car battery, and they had a lot of fun with it. Lasted quite a long time too (through two boys and all their little friends. Except, one of my kids drove right through a bush and tore off the rear-view mirrors, but the car still kept running), so Peg Perego must indeed be a good brand.

and btw - my boys Jeep was red, but I think they make a pink "Barbie" car too, so get ready.... :)