Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

A 2007 piano recital by Chiara: Schubert and Chopin

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by kjarschka, May 7, 2008.

1. kjarschka

kjarschka New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Bertoglio
    First Name:
    Chiara
  2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Chiara,
    Do want any of these put up on the site? You say that some of them are already up here, but I don't really have time to look around to see which ones. So, please tell me which recordings you wish to add (if any). Thanks.

3. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    the second movement of the schubert sonata is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing; your playing reminds me of Alfred Brendel. Touch, power, and emotion, and most importantly, balance.

But I forgot what the "D" number is for this sonata?

4. kjarschka

Last Name:
    Bertoglio
    First Name:
    Chiara
    As always many thanks to both of you!
    The D is 959 and perhaps this is my absolutely favourite piece!
    As regards Pianolady's question: I think that there is my recording of Schubert's second movement already, as well as some Studies by Chopin. If you think it is a good idea, you may add all of these new recordings, as they are complete, but I'd like to keep the old ones. I don't know if it is possible. Otherwise, well, never mind!!!!!
    :D
    all the best and have a nice day!

5. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hi Chiara,

You cannot just upload a whole bunch of pieces only marked "Schubert" and "Chopin". Although we can probably guess (or find out) which track is what, the norm is that you give the titles and opus (or D.) numbers with each track, and these should also be reflected in the names of the files. Unraveling a post like this just takes the admins too much time.

It is not possible to have multiple performances of the same piece by the same performer. So you will have to indicate whenever a recording needs to be replaced or not.

Sorry for the inconvenience !

6. kjarschka

Last Name:
    Bertoglio
    First Name:
    Chiara
    I'm really sorry, techneut, I'll take into account your requests for any new post I may wish to add.
    I thought that it may be different to feature a single Sonata movement in a studio recording or the whole piece in a live recording. So, if it is not possible to keep the old recordings and to add the new ones, well... just enjoy these ones if you like them, and let's maintain the old ones as the official ones.
    Sorry for the trouble...
    By the way, Schubert is of course Schubert's Piano Sonata A maj. D959 op. posth, and Chopin are the 12 Etudes op. 10.
    Best wishes and sorry again... :oops: :(

7. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hey!

This is a fantastic achievement and may I express my deepest respect and admiration for this live recording of Chopin's extremely demanding set of etudes of Op.10! Anyone who has taken the challenge to play these know how much work they require and also, how much endurance that is needed to play them all in a row in a live recital.

I have played most of them myself, a few of them are submitted on this site and I know that I am usually so tired after playing the first etude up to speed that I hardly manage to play no.2 at all. I know that this has all to do with technique and practice and I also know that I am far from (really far from) your level of playing Chiara. Still I understand how much time anyone must put in prior to a recital like yours. The Etudes are not overly difficult to memorize, some actually pretty easy as no.1 but the different kind of technique they demand, the power and endurance has few competitors.

Even though there are a few wrong notes here and there Chiara, they are few and not of any importance and I can hear not memory slips or doubts. Also, your interpret them wisely and with your own interpretation, not only playing the score, as for example the unpedalled part of no.1 which is in much of my taste. May I also add that I do prefer, by far, an unedited live concert to a studio recording.

When it comes to naming when submitting, we do like to have them named but in this case, it was pretty obvious which the recordings were ;). In more obscure and not so frequently played music, naming of the pieces helps us a lot.

The set of Chopin's etudes are now up on the site and I named it a live recording from 2007. If this is wrong, let me know and I will adjust the year.

Thanks for sharing these wonderful recordings and I will add your Schubert recordings later on!

8. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    The Schubert recording was also about perfect. Splendid touch and delicacy, combined with a carefully planned interpretation and very good understand of Schubert's music. If you anytime play in Scandinavia, let me know! Would not want to miss that :D.

All recordings are up and I linked all Schubert movements from this topic. I think there is a maximum of number of files you can upload in the same topic and I guess you reached that limit of 15.

9. troglodyte

troglodyte Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Professor
    Last Name:
    Parrow
    First Name:
    Joachim
    I just listened to your Schubert and can only second what the others have said. Brilliant and full of passion. It is clear this sonata means a lot to you and you convey the sense of importance very well - a far cry from many rigorous and boring interpretations I have heard.

10. rachchopinfan

rachchopinfan New Member

Bravo! You are amazing pianist Chiara. Congratulations! Brilliant! Thanks for share! :)

11. johnmar78

johnmar78 New Member Piano Society Artist

Food chemist / pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Mar
    First Name:
    John
    Bravo...I really mean it. You have set a good example for us and rest of the world. We really need to work as hard as we possible can.

All the best from australia.