Ah, Catoire and Bortkiewicz... I thought these might feature in your list !
Can you leave these around for a while schmontz, I'd like to listen again
to the unidentified items.
On to the next round then. This should be more of an equal opportunity affair.
I have largely restricted to lesser-known works of very well-known composers,
and the fragments are rather longer than before. I believe there's something
here for everyone, but there may be also one or two tough notes to crack.
As I do not have an extensive CD or MP3 collection I had to play all tracks
myself. Had great fun yesterday slapping these on without any preparation, so
no comments please about the wonky playing and the couple of clumsy edits !
Consider them an added level of difficulty
All 20 composers are different, none of them featured in the previous round,
from which it follows that none of them is Medtner
- Grieg: Ballade in G minor op.24 [spotted by Kschyschtoff
- Faure: Prelude Op.103 No.1 [spotted by coccobill
- Bartok - from Microcosmos Vol. V: 132, major seconds [spotted by pianolady
-Schumann: Novellette op.21 nr.8 (Trio II) [spotted by coccobill
- Bach: Toccata BWV 916 (Adagio) [spotted by coccobill
- Falla: Fantasia Baetica [spotted by coccobill
- Beethoven: Bagatella op.119 nr. 1 [spotted by coccobill
- Chopin: Ecossaise nr.1, op.72 no 3 [spotted by Kschyschtoff
- Rachmaninov - Fragments [spotted by coccobill
- Brahms: Haendel-Variations (Var. XI) [spotted by coccobill
- Albeniz: El Albaicin, No. 6 from Iberia [spotted by pianolady
- Liszt: Unstern ! [spotted by coccobill
- Villa-Lobos - Xo, Xo, Passarinho, No.7 from "Cirandas" [spotted by pianolady
- Mozart: Variations on "Unser dummer Pöbel meint", K.455 (Theme and Var. I) [spotted by coccobill
- Poulenc: Suite Française, 5: Bransle de Champagne [spotted by coccobill
- Prokofiev: Gavotte, No. 2 from 10 Pieces Op.12 [spotted by pianolady