Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Impromptu No. 2 in F sharp Major Op. 36
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:05 pm 
I was wondering if anybody on this site had the sheet music for these piece, or if anyone could post a recording. If anyone knows of its difficulty do you think you think it is the most difficult of the impromptus and what level of skill do you think that you would need to play it.
Thanks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:42 am 
Site Admin

I have the sheet for sure but cannot tell if this is the most difficult of the four Chopin composed (only played 1 and 4). But none of them are easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:45 am 
Can you get the sheet music off the internet? I normally buy books but... yeah. I want to play it...:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:03 am 
Thanks for the sheet music-just looking it certainly appears to be the hardest now i have compared them all-especially because its not that repititive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:08 am 

Good luck if you are going to learn this piece.
Don't learn so many Chopin pieces at once, concentrate only on one or two until you finish.
You shouldn't just learn pieces from one composer, but all good music :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:41 am 
Hahahaha. Yeah, though i've only been learning classical music for a year (of which i was AMEB grade six level upon starting), I've taken i liking to Chopin to such an extent that i have improved heaps and heaps and heaps. I played some Debussy and Ravel but Chopin is my favorite. Later i expect i'll play some different composers. I am only focusing on two pieces atm, the heroic polonaise (just finishing the last 'pretty' section) and his first ballade (still gotta do the coda :(-its so long!)
I want a break from these two pieces, hence I'm trying to find another piece to learn. I'm think i'm instead going to play Chopin's 16th prelude, because it's so fast. Its an awesome piece, and i want to play it in under a minute well. Hahaha at least thats my aim :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:47 am 
*By the way, i didn't mean the coda was long but the whole first ballade...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:58 am 
Site Admin

Steele wrote:
Chopin is my favorite. Later i expect i'll play some different composers. I am only focusing on two pieces atm, the heroic polonaise (just finishing the last 'pretty' section) and his first ballade (still gotta do the coda :(-its so long!)
I want a break from these two pieces, hence I'm trying to find another piece to learn. I'm think i'm instead going to play Chopin's 16th prelude, because it's so fast. Its an awesome piece, and i want to play it in under a minute well. Hahaha at least thats my aim :D

Dear Steele, I feel the same way about Chopin. I can never get enough. I hope you will post your Ballade when you are done with it. About fast pieces - sometimes slow pieces are just as hard, even harder than the fast ones, because you have to be so careful and controlled to make every note come down exactly right, and then there is the phrasing.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:04 am 
Site Admin

The 2nd Impromptu is not terribly hard - just hard :D The wide octave leaps in the march section are not too bad once you get the hang of them. The 32th passagework in the coda is pretty hard to get smooth and even. It's a lovely piece though, very much worth the effort. Though I like the 3rd even better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:37 am 
Thanks for the feedback Pianolady. I don't have any recording equipment at all, otherwise i would put up some of the other nocturnes, mazurkas etc that i have played :D I feel i still have quite a long way to go on the first ballade anyway, since perfecting the coda is going to be very difficult hahahaha. I honestly find the Polonaise easier to play...for some reason (easier to interpret perhaps??) Does anyone know any good free recording programs on the internet?

So the 2nd impromptu is not too hard-i think i might begin it and see how i like it then :D-I agree the 3rd is also beautiful-definitely my second favorite impromptu. Thanks! :)