Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Nazareth - Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:16 pm 

US$ 2 = R$ 1

my piano teacher is setting up a 23" LCD TV in his studio, so that he can turn pages with the foot while he plays four hands with his wife. he decided to do that since the last CD he recorded, where one can easily hear page turns noise.

Monica, I don't think will ever exist gigant tablets. they are quite uncomfortable, and their current size fits well for every other instrument (flute, violin), whose score is much simpler than a piano score. A larger tablet would only be useful for pianists. It would be quite uncomfortable to carry, and impossible for other **IMPORTANT** uses, like... games!! :lol:

My tablet itself is already larger than an iPad: mine is 10.1", an iPad is 9.7". Most people prefer a 7" or 8" one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, so your tablet cost $1,000? You weren’t joking that prices are higher where you are! I bought each of my sons a Samsung tablet for Christmas. Same size as yours…10.1. But I paid around $350 for each. They do practically everything too. I never thought this before, but I should ‘borrow’ one of theirs and see what it’s like to have it up on my piano with music on it. You can enlarge the image on them too, right? If I can make it so that the music is totally stretched to very edges of the screen, then maybe I’ll be able to see it.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 pm 

a Samsung Tab costs here $1000, but my Genesis cost only $225.

You can zoom the image, but then youll have problem turning the page while playing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 am 

I have one of these for reading scores off my laptop. It's a page-turning foot pedal
(maybe someday I'll be able to afford both a laptop and tablet -- for now I stick with laptop as it can do sound editing in a reasonable timeframe!)

Corded is cheaper than bluetooth, and the cord is plenty long enough

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:28 am 

yes! after I bought the bluetooth page turner (which didnt arrive yet), I discovered my piano teacher alread had a corded page turner EXACTLY like that you mentioned

hreichgott wrote:
I have one of these for reading scores off my laptop. It's a page-turning foot pedal
(maybe someday I'll be able to afford both a laptop and tablet -- for now I stick with laptop as it can do sound editing in a reasonable timeframe!)

take a look if you find any Genesis there. they have recently release a dual core 7" model, which costs US$ 150 or less.