Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Haydn XVI #10 Minuet in C Major
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:21 pm 
Here is the second movement of this easy sonata. Often used as beginning student piece this is an earlier work of Haydn. The Trio in
this is actually a really pretty section in c minor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:01 am 
Site Admin

I listened to the Allegro and Minuet. Near perfect ! What a shame you do not have the complete Sonata as we surely need more Haydn, and his sonatas should get far wider recognition. I always find him a sort of 'missing link' between Scarlatti and Mozart (without having quite either man's brilliance though, let's be honest about it). This Sonata may be technically 'easy' but surely it's not easy to bring it off convincingly and not make it sound trite. You did a great job here as it always remains interesting and tasteful.

I am rather envious of your trills in the Allegro. Only thing I did not like are the deadpan legato closing chords of the Allegro. That could (should) have been a bit more lively. Minor point though.

So, we put these up as well I guess ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:26 pm 
well chris... you see. that's where i was thinking you might come into play... pardon the pun... but you see the third movement is actually quite readable... and being such an ambitious recorder i thought perhaps you could finish it off? =)

yes there were some rocky moments in those movements. also some sudden dynamic "bursts" i attribute to being a little excited in the live setting. anyway thank you so much for listening and the valuable commentary. and yes definetely put them up when possible.

ps you know... i'm thinking... it wouldn't be hard for me to record
the last one... its a few months before another recital though... but i could probably do it... do you have the score by any chance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

You better record it yourself - I would not want to ruin your quality standards :lol: The sheets are here for you :

http://c-breemer.speedlinq.nl/hps10r.pdf

and you better do that as well as the other parts !