Liszt,Transcendental Etude no.11 Harmonies du soir

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Liszt,Transcendental Etude no.11 Harmonies du soir

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:33 am

One of my performing of F.Liszt's Transcendental Etude no. 11 Harmonies du soir,
Becuase my internet connection is very slow, I am sending the file as 32 Kbps.

I thank you for adding me in Pianists list.

Best wishes
Setrak Setrakian

Liszt's Transcendental Etude no. 11 Harmonies du soir

Site Admin

Postby robert » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:11 pm

Another great recording from your side of this difficult etude (well, it's Liszt) and you play it with a technique that leaves very little to wish for as every tone comes out clear. The risk with many of Liszt's difficult works is, for pianist with less good technique (as me), that the piece become just a wash of sound where the individual notes are blurred together. But you keep everything apart and musically, it is really good as well and you do not just technically execute it, you also make it a very good piece of music!

I have put it up on the site.

Postby juufa72 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:40 pm

First class performance! I look forward to your submissions, is there any chance you recorded more of Liszt's etudes?

All the best. -Julius
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:09 am

A glowing and fervent performance of this great operatic piece. You do it all the justice it needs though it is not quite as polished as the Chopin Sonata. There is the odd slip here and there, but in Liszt that is not so bad as long as everything else is right - and it is here !
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Return to “Audition Room”