Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Youtube bulletins
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

Do any of you members with Youtube accounts know what to block bulletins from showing up on your homepage? I've got this one guy "pianoloveok" who constantly puts bulletins up everyday and now I've got about ten of them that show on my homepage and make it so that there is hardly room for information from any of my 'friends' and 'subscriptions' that I WANT to see.
First I tried 'blocking' pianoloveok and that didn't work, and now I have un-friended him but his bulletins still clog up my homepage. Any advice?

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

Post subject: Re: Youtube bulletins
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:11 pm 

Firstly you should be able to x out bulletins from your homepage; I think the button is about halfway down the right hand side of the bulletin. That's obviously not ideal. Perhaps
account settings -> privacy -> Search and Contact Restrictions Allow only friends to send messages or share videos
might do the trick, though having had a quick google of the problem, I'm not terribly optimistic. It's also not ideal either as sometimes you get interesting messages from non-friends.

And you know what's really weird? Click this: http://www.youtube.com/user/pianoloveok
Do you get 404 not found?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, I made a typo with the name. It's pianoloverok. And yes, there used to be X's that I could then delete his bulletins from my homepage, but when I closed out and went back in, they were all back. Now, I don't even get the 'x'!

Below is a screenshot from part of my homepage. As you can see, I get the option to "see more" if I want to.. (oh sure, I want to do that... :evil: :evil: )

Attachments:
bulletins.jpg
bulletins.jpg [ 71.96 KiB | Viewed 1003 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:04 pm 

pianolady wrote:
Oh, I made a typo with the name. It's pianoloverok. And yes, there used to be X's that I could then delete his bulletins from my homepage, but when I closed out and went back in, they were all back. Now, I don't even get the 'x'!

Ah, of course. I knew the name looked familiar. I get bulletins from him too. He's quite talented, you know. I must get more (different person) bulletins than you, because I've never had that sort of blanket bulletin level from one person!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Yes, I know he's quite talented. But frankly, I'm sick of seeing him on my home page. I want him gone!