Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Mozart Menuet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:02 pm 

I don't under stand how Mozart's "Menuett" is play (repeats.) And I don't even understand what to call it. it has "Mentuet" for the title and "KV 1 [little e]" on the right top corner. But theirs another Menuet Below it, "KV 1 [little f]". they look like 2 completely different peaces, but I have a recording where; the first Menuett is play with all repeats, then the second one is played all repeats, the the first one is played again with no repeats (It sounds like 1 peace.) Theirs no indication of this on the sheet music. Is it maybe a different peace? I would rely appreciate it if someone would clarify this to me :D

Post subject: Re: Mozart Menuet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

I can't stand this anymore - you're not even trying to improve your spelling! I think none of us here should waste another second on you until we hear an actual recording of you playing a classical piece of music. Then we'll see...

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:32 pm 

Sorry, I'll record a Chopin I learned I wile back.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:08 pm 

Here is the peace I worked up a wile ago. No one helped me with this so I can do better... I would NOT try and submit this to the audition room. I would do something simpler.
Since my spelling is so bad I wont ask questions or try and answer them on this forum... :)
will this work?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:43 am 
Site Admin

I am still not sure about whether you are legit or not, but I did listen to your Chopin. I know this piece very well and can say that you do alright with the main theme (except for a couple little things). However, the middle sections are quite a mess. Really too many things here for me to nitpick. Your teacher should help you.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:06 am 

Okay, thank-you!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:53 am 
Site Admin

Indeed, the outer sections are not bad at all. But everything in between is riddled with read errors. Listen back to it with score, at half speed if you can, and ask youself if you have all the notes and rhythms right. Take care that rubato doesn't get the better of you. It all begins with listening to yourself.

I would also recommend that you read back what you write and ask yourself whether someone would understand it, or bother to try. No reason why you can't improve your writing along with your piano playing. To my mind, writing and playing are very much related. For a start, as these are words you use so often, start writing

Code:
piece      instead of   peace
because    instead of   cuss
really     instead of   rely
there is   instead of   theirs

that would already help some.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm 

Okay :) Thanks for the little list. I'll really try and improve my spelling. I looked rubato up on wiki. Its the speeding up and slowing down ,right? I thought there is supposed to be lot of rubato in this piece... Or are you saying I didn't have rubato ?... I'll lessen to it :lol:

I was wondering. Is there any way my "improvisation" topic could be deleted, because I really look like an idiot there. :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

Stuck on piano wrote:
Okay :) Thanks for the little list. I'll really try and improve my spelling. I looked rubato up on wiki. Its the speeding up and slowing down ,right? I thought there is supposed to be lot of rubato in this piece... Or are you saying I didn't have rubato ?... I'll lessen to it :lol:

There seemed to be quite enough of it in the outer sections, but in the middle it deteriorated to tempo anarchy. I maintain that one should first learn to play in strict tempo. Only then, building on that basis, apply subtle rubato.

Stuck on piano wrote:
I was wondering. Is there any way my "improvisation" topic could be deleted, because I really look like an idiot there. :P

Yes I'll remove it. You'll be ok with the spelling if you set your mind to it, take some time for typing, and realize that proper typing is a courtesy to the reader (and conversely, very sloppy typing shows disdain). All that goes for playing, too :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:02 pm 

Quote:
There seemed to be quite enough of it in the outer sections, but in the middle it deteriorated to tempo anarchy. I maintain that one should first learn to play in strict tempo. Only then, building on that basis, apply subtle rubato.

I did learn the piece with rubato... I didn't realize that it was hindering. :shock: I'll do some relearning!

Quote:
Yes I'll remove it. You'll be ok with the spelling if you set your mind to it, take some time for typing, and realize that proper typing is a courtesy to the reader (and conversely, very sloppy typing shows disdain). All that goes for playing, too :)

Okay. I’ll look up the synonyms of words more, that should help. :)