Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Sheet Music for Rodolfo Halffter's Once Bagatelas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:26 pm 

Lately, I've been searching for sheet music on Halffter's Once Bagatelas. I'm currently a student in college majoring in music and I have to orchestrate any piece of my choosing for a final exam. I first of Halftter's Once Bagatelas here on Piano Society from Chris Breemer, and now I'm dying to orchestrate one of the Bagatelas (specifically his No. 9 in B flat). I'm having so much trouble finding the sheet music. All the sites in which it is downloadable say I can't purchase it because of some copyright reasons since I live in the United States (Puerto Rico to be exact). I was wondering if maybe anyone has any resources to get this sheet music, I adore it. I thank all of you; this site is amazing!

Post subject: Re: Sheet Music for Rodolfo Halffter's Once Bagatelas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:52 pm 

It shows up on http://www.jwpepper.com

I searched "halffter 11 bagatelles" and it shows up. (It didn't using the Spanish title).

Hope this helps.

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

Nice that you are interested in these Bagatelas ! I think they are great music, well-crafted, eclectic, and yet original. I like no.9 best too - so simple, so 'right'. To create such an atmosphere with so little means is the mark of a great composer.

I don't think this score is freely available online. I played it from an UME score I bought in London many years ago (in the time all important publishers had their own shop there). I'll be happy to scan no.9 for you and any others you want.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Huh, correction... it is freely available, one Google search does it:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/4069199/Halffter-Rodolfo-Bagatelles-11-Op-19-pf

That saves me turning on the scanner :D

Have fun, and let me hear your orchestration when you have it !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:58 pm 

You have no idea how much I appreciate this Mr. Breemer! (I don't understand how I didn't find this site!). It's funny because I just purchased no. 1 (It was confusing and I thought it was the whole thing) and when I noticed it was only number one, I nearly trashed my computer! In fact, I found a site where I could purchase the entire sheet music from Spain, but it would take around three months to arrive, and the price would be around thirty one euros!

It's very nice to speak to you Mr. Breemer! I've seen you have quite a few recordings, and you're starting to play the organ! That's amazing! You said it yourself, playing one of Bach's counterpoints has to be breathtaking! The only recordings of yours I've heard for now are Halffter's Once Bagatelas, but if my mind serves me right you also had some of Bach's! I'll have to browse through those!

I hope you don't mind if I add you as a buddy (if that exists on this forum. I made this account specfically to see if there was anyway I could obtain Halffter's sheet music! I'm so excited! If I'm luck, the Symphonic Orchestra of the University of Puerto Rico will play it! If that happens, I'll definitely have to record it! And clearly if I record it, you´ll be the first to hear it!

Again, I thank you so much!

Sincerely,
Héctor Mayoral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Beware of my Bach recordings, they are no good ... except maybe the recent ones.

We have no 'Buddy' system on this forum, although in the new version I think you can define Friends and Foes. I have not experimented with that yet.