Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:39 am 

Thanks Sarah! Best wishes to preparing for opening the studio!!
sarah wrote:
I can't wait for the opportunity to listen to some of your new recordings.

This is actually what I want to say :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:46 am 

alf wrote:
Oh I'm very happy to read that you have a piano now. What are you going to study next (Bach-Rachmaninoff apart, I mean)?

Thanks Alfonso :D Now I have one, so you don't need to bring your stage piano when you come to me to play together :wink:
I started practicing the second Scherzo of Chopin again and as a new piece Mozart's sonata KV 310. The latter (esp. the first mov.) I played a lot as a child , but now I'd like to treat this work more seriously.
And you, Alfonso? Nachtstücke of Schumann? You're a bit quiet on the forum nowadays. So I supposed you're very busy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:29 pm 

I haven't studied any of them, not even the prelude I love so much. hehe
I felt lazy, so I chose to play the much easier Siloti transcription (though I must re-record it, because there are ugly mistakes in my recording).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:17 pm 

hyenal wrote:
Thanks Alfonso :D Now I have one, so you don't need to bring your stage piano when you come to me to play together :wink:

I feel a bit relieved, it could have been a problem. :lol:

hyenal wrote:
I started practicing the second Scherzo of Chopin again and as a new piece Mozart's sonata KV 310. The latter (esp. the first mov.) I played a lot as a child , but now I'd like to treat this work more seriously.

Mozart is so easy to play when you are a child, and so difficult when you are an adult!

hyenal wrote:
And you, Alfonso? Nachtstücke of Schumann? You're a bit quiet on the forum nowadays. So I supposed you're very busy.

Yes, I'm slowly putting on the second NS and I want to re-record the other three. I am also studying one P&F from the WTK II and one Schubert-Liszt. But the main project remains to finish my Triakontameron pieces. I'm going to post No.12 in a few days.

Alfonso Bertazzi, amateur pianist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:55 am 

alf wrote:

:oops: :oops: Sorry about the foolish idea... I just wanted to take advantage of a "stage piano" :wink:

Quote:
Mozart is so easy to play when you are a child, and so difficult when you are an adult!

That's what I many time heard, and what I would easily agree to. But suddenly I'd like to ask exactly why it is so. Mozart is surely not very demanding in the technical aspect (well... I must admit for my untrained fingers already difficult), so a child can play him without a big problem. But what in Mozart is so difficult for an adult? I just realized that I don't have the answer now. Finally I don't know him well... :roll:

Quote:
I am also studying one P&F from the WTK II and one Schubert-Liszt.

Oh, which Schubert-Liszt? I like to hear a trancription!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:05 pm 

felipesarro wrote:
I felt lazy, so I chose to play the much easier Siloti transcription (though I must re-record it, because there are ugly mistakes in my recording).

I just listened to the recording. I like the transcription and I find your rcording very sonorous and with much energy. A question: Is there another piece besides the violin partita in which Bach used the music of the Sinfonia from the cantata BWV 29?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:07 pm 

hyenal wrote:
alf wrote:

:oops: :oops: Sorry about the foolish idea... I just wanted to take advantage of a "stage piano" :wink:

Ha, that's true, but my car is small! :x

Quote:
Quote:
That's what I many time heard, and what I would easily agree to. But suddenly I'd like to ask exactly why it is so. Mozart is surely not very demanding in the technical aspect (well... I must admit for my untrained fingers already difficult), so a child can play him without a big problem. But what in Mozart is so difficult for an adult? I just realized that I don't have the answer now. Finally I don't know him well... :roll:

I believe that as an adult (of course I'm speaking of a musically mature pianist) one understands that in Mozart there's much more going on than up-and-down runs and catchy tunes.

Quote:
I am also studying one P&F from the WTK II and one Schubert-Liszt.
Quote:

Oh, which Schubert-Liszt? I like to hear a trancription!!!

I'll just tell you it's not a famous one. The original is, though.

Alfonso Bertazzi, amateur pianist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:57 pm 

hyenal wrote:
Is there another piece besides the violin partita in which Bach used the music of the Sinfonia from the cantata BWV 29?

yes, there is!
if I'm not mistaken, Bach used this same piece in a Lute Suite. :wink:

it's easy to be a composer this way, isn't it? you write a single piece and use it whenever you want it! hahaha