Mozart Concert K467 (2° mov: Andante), Roberto Carnevale,pf

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Mozart Concert K467 (2° mov: Andante), Roberto Carnevale,pf

Postby neopoiesis » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:27 pm

....the second mov. , Andante, of the K467.
ciao, Roberto

Postby MindenBlues » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:54 am

Thank you, Roberto, that we can now listen to your interpretation of that famous Mozart piano concert completely!

That piano concert is in general as beautiful played as the expectation value of your former postings promises.

There is just a little however, regarding this Andante Movement. I would have expected a singing more or less mellow piano tone and soft accompaignement especially in this slow movement. You play soft here and there, but the beginning is surprisingly strong or hard played. Since we know that you are able to let the piano sing if you like, I am wondering why you did it not here?

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:06 pm

I agree with Olaf that this Andante seems a little heavy-handed in places, which I think is mainly because the LH chords are a bit too loud and dogged. The very low sampling rate (only 56Kbps where we require a minimum of 128Kbps) does not help either - the orchestra sounds decidedly grainy and one-dimensional because of this. All the same this is VERY fine Mozart playing which we are proud to have on the site !
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Return to “Audition Room”