Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Happy Easter
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:51 am 
Site Admin

Happy Easter wishes from our little lamb Mirjam and her fluffy friend :)
See pictures which I took just now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:11 pm 

Oh, this Easter-lamb is very sweet Chris. I really hope you´ll not sacrifice it! :wink:
It´s nice to see, that you seem to like animals, isn´t it?
I also like animals, especially I´m a friend of cats. Do you have more animals, have you a little farm or so?
I wish you a nice and peaceful Easter-time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

Isn't she cute indeed ! Mirjam's not ours, we are just rearing her for the next door farmer. My wife delivers his lambs each year, and there is usually a little runt that would not make it on its own. This one was very small last week but is doing fine now, starting to run and jump at random, like spring lambs are supposed to do. I could sit and look at her all day.
We have a rabbit, five chickens and two dogs of our own, the younger one of those has adopted the lamb. She tries to drink from him, it's really funny :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:53 pm 

cute. Whatever happened to your ducks and geese?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

juufa72 wrote:
cute. Whatever happened to your ducks and geese?

Geese we never had. Got rid of the ducks because they made such a bloody mess all over the garden. Cleaning up after them got just ridiculous. Many times I almost broke my neck skidding in duckshit. It's better without them, though I should update my bio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

Very cute, indeed! Makes me want to go hug something right now, but the only animal we have in my house is our tiny little hamster (Pancake).

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

pianolady wrote:
Very cute, indeed! Makes me want to go hug something right now, but the only animal we have in my house is our tiny little hamster (Pancake).

Pancake :? Did you stand on it ?

Reminds me of a friend my daughter used to hang out with. They had a very little hamster and her mother hoovered it up by accident. Not funny really, and yet it is :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol: – that is very funny. And what an adventure the creature had, albeit a fast one. :wink:

And no, I did not stand on our hamster. :lol: Its name is Pancake for two reasons: 1. It is the color of a pancake. 2. It escaped out of its cage and then somehow flattened its body so that it could squeeze under the crack of the nearby closet door. Flat as a Pancake!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:58 pm 

pianolady wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: – that is very funny. And what an adventure the creature had, albeit a fast one. :wink:

And no, I did not stand on our hamster. :lol: Its name is Pancake for two reasons: 1. It is the color of a pancake. 2. It escaped out of its cage and then somehow flattened its body so that it could squeeze under the crack of the nearby closet door. Flat as a Pancake!

There's and easy fix for that...it's called a pair of heavy boots expertly applied to said rodent...erm...hamster. :lol:

Techneut, that lamb is very cute. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:15 pm 

techneut wrote:
pianolady wrote:

Pancake :? Did you stand on it ?

Reminds me of a friend my daughter used to hang out with. They had a very little hamster and her mother hoovered it up by accident. Not funny really, and yet it is :shock:

:shock:

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

Horowitzian wrote:

There's and easy fix for that...it's called a pair of heavy boots expertly applied to said rodent...erm...hamster. :lol:

Hey...my poor little hamster.... :cry: :lol:

Horowitzian wrote:
Techneut, that lamb is very cute.

Yes, but they grow up to be goats. At least you won't need to mow your grass then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:55 pm 

Techneut wrote:
Quote:
They had a very little hamster and her mother hoovered it up by accident. Not funny really, and yet it is :shock:

:shock: Did he survive this accident?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:42 pm 

pianolady wrote:
Horowitzian wrote:

Hey...my poor little hamster.... :cry: :lol:

:lol: In reality, I think hamsters are cute, though I prefer rabbits. ;)

pianolady wrote:
Horowitzian wrote:

Yes, but they grow up to be goats. At least you won't need to mow your grass then.

:shock: Dang, I didn't know lambs changed species as they grew up! :D Last time I checked, lambs grew up to be sheep.

Don't get me started on goats...neighbor of mine I used to animal sit for when they were out-of-town used to have a small black and white male who hadn't been...ah...properly wethered. In other words, the idiot who did the job didn't finish. He was a pain in the @&$! A regular escape artist. Mean, too. He'd take a cheap shot at you when you weren't looking. Fortunately, he was small enough that someone of reasonable strength could manhandle him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:50 pm 

musicusblau wrote:
Techneut wrote:
Quote:
They had a very little hamster and her mother hoovered it up by accident. Not funny really, and yet it is :shock:

:shock: Did he survive this accident?

Intuition tells me no, but someone did tell a story on another forum about a hamster he had as a kid. He played a brass instrument (Tuba I think, but I'm not certain). Anyway, he left the thing on the floor while he let his hamster out to run, and guess where that hamster went? Right into the tuba. All attempts to shake the poor critter out defied success; the hamster merely crawled deeper into the ever-tightening tunnel of doom. Finally, he fetched his dad who was out in the garage. They took the thing out to the garage, isolated which part the hamster was in, took the tuba apart, and blew her out with the air compressor. Amazingly, the poor hamster survived. She fell out onto the floor, only a bit shaken. She went on to mother more than one healthy litter of young hamsters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

Horowitzian wrote:

pianolady wrote:
Horowitzian wrote:

:shock: Dang, I didn't know lambs changed species as they grew up! :D Last time I checked, lambs grew up to be sheep

:lol: :lol: hahahaha - I'm cracking myself up again. Can't for the life of me figure out why I said that!
Ok, lambs grow up to be sheep and then you get a lot of nice wool.

That hamster in the tuba is a funny story. Getting sucked up by a vaccuum, blown out of tuba, living inside my walls for several hours - I didn't know hamsters were so tough!