Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Top 10 Ways You Know You're an Bonafide Pianist
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1278
10...your manicurist has a restraining order against you.

9...you haven't got tennis elbow but rather "damper pedal ankle."

8...you have recurring nightmares of scales, chords, and arpeggios; OH MY!

7...hearing "Fur Elise" just one more time could be grounds for that insanity defense thing.

6...you get dirty looks when you refer to Fantasie Impromptu as "not THAT hard"

5...your family stages an intervention because your leather bench smells like rotten Gorgonzola.

4...the neighbors now open their windows to hear you practice! You're flattered but they've actually developed Stockholm Syndrome.

3...when relatives' kids visit, they're more interested in watching you play than putting their damned greasy hand prints all over the bass strings; also the mousetraps seem to help.

2...local songbirds go on strike.

And the number one way you know you're a bona fide pianist:

1...the idea of getting padded butt implants doesn't sound completely insane anymore. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
Does 1 out of 10 count? I can only relate to #7 :P

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:38 pm
Posts: 8480
I like no. 9.

_________________
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." ~ Frederic Chopin

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:02 pm
Posts: 1167
Location: Piemonte, Italy
pianolady wrote:
I like no. 9.


Me #4 (a bit à la Woody Allen). #5 is wicked!

_________________
"A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking" - Anonymous

Alfonso Bertazzi, amateur pianist.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1278
Nos. 9, 4, 5 and 7 are my favorites, too.

I wrote the list after almost killing myself laughing at the Palin article. So this is all Alf's fault.

I also think no 1 is pretty funny, if I do say so myself.

BTW, when's the last time you've smelled your piano bench?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:31 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:38 pm
Posts: 8480
Eeww - you're making me sick.

Image

_________________
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." ~ Frederic Chopin

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9534
Location: Netherlands
Hm... I've heard about sniffing girls' bike saddles, but sniffing piano benches is a new one :lol:
I can relate to no.1... I did consider this when first starting to play organ. Man these benches are hard... But I seem to be used to it by now.

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
techneut wrote:
I can relate to no.1... I did consider this when first starting to play organ. Man these benches are hard... But I seem to be used to it by now.


Even worse when you drop 40lbs and your ass is a little more bony than normal. You could always regain the weight for a little more padding 8)

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:31 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9534
Location: Netherlands
juufa72 wrote:
techneut wrote:
I can relate to no.1... I did consider this when first starting to play organ. Man these benches are hard... But I seem to be used to it by now.


Even worse when you drop 40lbs and your ass is a little more bony than normal. You could always regain the weight for a little more padding 8)

Thats exactly what I have been doing 8)

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 10 Ways You Know You're an Bonafide Pianist
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:33 am
Posts: 224
PJF wrote:
10...your manicurist has a restraining order against you.

9...you haven't got tennis elbow but rather "damper pedal ankle."

8...you have recurring nightmares of scales, chords, and arpeggios; OH MY!

7...hearing "Fur Elise" just one more time could be grounds for that insanity defense thing.

6...you get dirty looks when you refer to Fantasie Impromptu as "not THAT hard"

5...your family stages an intervention because your leather bench smells like rotten Gorgonzola.

4...the neighbors now open their windows to hear you practice! You're flattered but they've actually developed Stockholm Syndrome.

3...when relatives' kids visit, they're more interested in watching you play than putting their damned greasy hand prints all over the bass strings; also the mousetraps seem to help.

2...local songbirds go on strike.

And the number one way you know you're a bona fide pianist:

1...the idea of getting padded butt implants doesn't sound completely insane anymore. :lol:


Image

I'm telling ya, I about fell off my chair laughing!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Best regards,
Horowitzian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:04 pm
Posts: 725
Location: Louisiana, USA
hehe @ #5 ... i have a wood bench, but I regularly wash the pillow I sit on! eau de pianist, mayhaps?

_________________
the one, the only ... Nathan Coleman
"You see, my piano is for me what his ship is to a sailor; more indeed: it is my very self, my mother tongue, my life." - Franz Liszt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 10 Ways You Know You're an Bonafide Pianist
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1278
Horowitzian wrote:
PJF wrote:
10...your manicurist has a restraining order against you.

9...you haven't got tennis elbow but rather "damper pedal ankle."

8...you have recurring nightmares of scales, chords, and arpeggios; OH MY!

7...hearing "Fur Elise" just one more time could be grounds for that insanity defense thing.

6...you get dirty looks when you refer to Fantasie Impromptu as "not THAT hard"

5...your family stages an intervention because your leather bench smells like rotten Gorgonzola.

4...the neighbors now open their windows to hear you practice! You're flattered but they've actually developed Stockholm Syndrome.

3...when relatives' kids visit, they're more interested in watching you play than putting their damned greasy hand prints all over the bass strings; also the mousetraps seem to help.

2...local songbirds go on strike.

And the number one way you know you're a bona fide pianist:

1...the idea of getting padded butt implants doesn't sound completely insane anymore. :lol:


Image

I'm telling ya, I about fell off my chair laughing!

:lol: :lol: :lol:


I'm glad you enjoyed it!

(Sorry for the delay, I had that whole back surgery thing to deal with.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1278
nathanscoleman wrote:
hehe @ #5 ... i have a wood bench, but I regularly wash the pillow I sit on! eau de pianist, mayhaps?


HA! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group