Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: andrej823, Andrej Zatkalik, Bratislava (Slovakia)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:14 am 
Hello, i am Andrej Zatkalik from Bratislava city (Slovakia). I am 32 medicine student, my biggest hobby is piano, i am amateur, i also like making my own improvization. This is a firs time, that i a send my pieces to public hearing. First record (dnes.mp3) is made on natural piano (i appologize for poor sound quality), the other two works (improvizacia 1, improviazcia2) is made on synthesizer. Best regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Hi andrej823,
I liked your two shorter improvisations done with synthesizer. Regarding the longer acoustic piano piece, it seems like you poured your heart out in this, which to me is the second best thing to actually being with the one you love. I imagine playing the piano is a nice way to clear your mind from your medical studies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:31 am 
Dear piano lady, thank you for your message. You also play musis? please can you sen my your recordings to my email aderess: andrej823@azet.sk ? Best wishes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:44 am 
I would like to say that alle 3 pieces including file "dnes" are my owvn improvization

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
You also play musis? please can you sen my your recordings to my email

I am also an amateur and only play for myself. Friends and family can usually get me to play something for them too. I don't have a recorder. But you can listen to plenty of great music right here on the site from fellow members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:03 am 
Site Admin

There are beautiful things in all 3 of these pieces, as well as weaker moments. The shorter of the two improvisations is really musical and atmospheric, and could have been longer. The other one is not as good but still has its interesting moments. The "dnes" is rather rambling and suffers from bad sound (the high tones have a real unpleasant ring). But we can hear, as pianolady said, that you really put your soul in it.

I have to be honest and tell you that, however nice it sounds, this is not our kind of repertoire. PianoSociety will not host improvisations on the site (especially not with synthesizer effects) except perhaps in very special cases. But thank you all the same for submitting, it is definitely worth a listen !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:22 am 
Heloo Techneut, thank you for you opinions and constructive criticism. I accept, that this is as site for piano playing and not for improvization and things played on synthesizer, but i cant find any other site dedicate to amateur improvization. Thanks, have i nice day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:21 pm 

Andrej, I like all 3 improvisations, especially your piano improvisation. It has a strong climax, nice begin and ending, it has a nocturne character to me. You play really soulful.

There should be a thread here too what contains recordings of improvisations, I would appreciate this. Since there is a thread for own compositions too. And the gap between improvisation and own compositions is small, if there is any gap at all. That there are written notes for the playing or not, is something what is not audible and should be don't care from the artistic side, so I see it. So why is PianoSociety only open for own compositions?

Quote:
Regarding the longer acoustic piano piece, it seems like you poured your heart out in this, which to me is the second best thing to actually being with the one you love. I imagine playing the piano is a nice way to clear your mind from your medical studies.

You are so right! Pouring the heart out on the piano in order to clear the mind from the daily job - is this not the reason, what gives us power to spent so much time on the piano?