LevelZero, if your impression of Bach is derived solely from listening to what piano students make of it then you are truly depriving yourself.
Go right now to amazon.com and purchase at least one of the following:
1) English Suites played by Murray Perahia
2) Goldberg Variations (the 1980 version) played by Glenn Gould
3) Partitas played by Maria Tipo
4) Art of the Fugue played by Pierre-Laurent Aimard
5) French Suites played by Andrei Gavrilov
6) Inventions and Sinfonias played by Glenn Gould
7) Well-Tempered Clavier played by Glenn Gould
Also download some of Chris Breemer's wonderful output.
Now once you get one of these, go off somewhere by yourself where it's quiet, close your eyes
and listen! In my opinion Bach is too complex to enjoy in a noisy environment with a lot of
distractions. Try to follow the interplay of all the voices and if you are successful you will be
completely carried away to another place. If this still doesn't work for you, then you just
don't like Bach and I'll leave you alone.