Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:34 pm 

walter.trice wrote:
Assuming that 'insane' means you like it, you might also enjoy a ballet choreographed to Arnold Schoenberg's orchestration of the Rondo from Brahms's quartet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abt-Ho9Gz5Q

Hmmmm... nice to see Schoenberg actually doing something good with himself for once... Hehehehe... just kidding. I know that some people actually like his music a lot... so I'll shut up about that now...

Also: I'm insane as it is. Thus, when I refer to something as "insane", that means that I find it absolutely marvelous (unless otherwise noted). I love the energetic, dark, angry pieces. They make me happy.

The ballet one was very intresting. I enjoyed it thouroughly. Thanks for posting that.

"This is death! This is death as this emanation of the female which leads to unification ... death and love ... this is the abyss." This is not music", said [Sabaneev] to him, "this is something else..." - "This is the Mysterium," he said softly.

Post subject: Re: Haydn Music
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:06 pm 

Quote:
I wondered, what Haydn Sonatas would you recommend to study, that is, which of his many sonatas really worth their while.

My two favorites of the Haydn sonatas are Nos. 50 in C (as Hunwoo suggested) and 62 in E-flat. The most recent Haydn sonata I learned was the E-flat and it is one of the more virtuosic sonatas of his (as virtuosic as Haydn gets, anyway). It is also very beautiful, with lovely melodies intertwining themselves in all three movements.

A thorough study of either of these sonatas would definitely help you improve musically and technically.