Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Fingernails
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:03 pm 

Am I the only one that has to keep them cut to the quick to be comfortable? I have to cut them about every other day, or they drive me crazy.

And I don't always play with curved fingers - some pieces are better without it - but on the spots where I do use curved fingers, even the shortest bit of a nail drives me crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:44 pm 

Yeah, I clip every 2nd or 3rd day too. I can't stand to have any white at all. Pianist's fingers are kinda like dancers toes I think. Pretty only in motion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

I don't have to cut my nails because I bite them. Bad habit, I know, but can't help it. The slightest scary or exciting part of a tv show or movie, and my nails are gone. But I also do not like to hear anyone's nails on the keys.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:40 pm 

pianolady wrote:
I don't have to cut my nails because I bite them. .

make sure i never shake your hand or sit next to you for more than 2 minutes....that's one of my biggest pet-peeves. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:41 pm 

I used to bite my nails...until I started back in school, and then I started cutting them. I still chew the skin around them, though. :lol:

I hate the sound of nails on keys as well. There's this voice teacher that I accompany for...I play the students' music, but she uses the piano to do their warm-up exercises. She has extremely long nails (the manicure type) and the sound of her nails on the keys is soooo annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:42 pm 

s'ok Mon ... as a recovering biter, I'll always let you sit next to me .... maybe we can snuggle or something, it's cold today! bbrr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:44 pm 

nathanscoleman wrote:
s'ok Mon ... as a recovering biter, I'll always let you sit next to me .... maybe we can snuggle or something, it's cold today! bbrr

Did you guys get any snow up that way? You and Pete, I mean...since y'all live close and all. :lol: We got snow on Saturday, and it didn't finish melting till yesterday! Unreal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:45 pm 

nathanscoleman wrote:
it's cold today! bbrr

Move to Wisconsin. Then we'll talk about cold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:58 pm 

Terez wrote:
Did you guys get any snow up that way? You and Pete, I mean...since y'all live close and all. :lol: We got snow on Saturday, and it didn't finish melting till yesterday! Unreal!

I can't believe ya'll had real snowfall that stuck and everything. We just had some flurries, the kids loved it. But ZERO accumulation. Aryth, the 3 yr old girl, stood at the door and shouted: "Daddy, daddy, ice balls are falling! ice balls!" I about herniated another disk in my back I was laughing to hard.

juufa72 wrote:
Move to Wisconsin. Then we'll talk about cold.

We blessed Southerners just like to remind you poor blighted Northerners how purdy it is down here. (that last word was pronounced hyah, FYI)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

It's pretty where I am right now, because we got 5 inches of snow overnight and it looks like a winter wonderland. But the temperature is supposed to drop again this week, and that's the part I hate. I've taken so many hot baths the past two weeks, which is one way to stay warm. There's a few other ways, which I think Nathan may like to hear, but I'm not going to say. :lol:

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

This got OT real fast...
Yeah I need to cut mine every few days. Not that I can't play if I don't, but it starts to get irritating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:18 am 

nathanscoleman wrote:
I can't believe ya'll had real snowfall that stuck and everything.

It didn't snow in Gulfport, but I'm an hour north of Gulfport in Hattiesburg at school. I'd say that hour away from the coast makes a difference...but none of the people from Hattiesburg, or Jackson for that matter, ever remember getting that much snow, that stayed that long. It's crazy!

Quote:
We just had some flurries, the kids loved it. But ZERO accumulation. Aryth, the 3 yr old girl, stood at the door and shouted: "Daddy, daddy, ice balls are falling! ice balls!" I about herniated another disk in my back I was laughing to hard.

haha...yes, when it's snowing, there are sure to be ice balls. Poor guys... :lol: