Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Videos
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:53 pm 

It is soooooooooo much easier for me when PS members post their videos on Youtube. I don't know why, but I can't view or even listen to about half of the videos posted on the PS site. The ones I can open usually take several minutes to open. On the other hand, those posted on Youtube open immediately with no problem. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. It's just that I enjoy the videos when they open conveniently. Comments? Agree or disagree?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

I made this same point with Robert regarding videos. Youtube handles them very well and they seem to have unlimited bandwidth. So why should we bother with videos at all here !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:21 pm 

techneut wrote:
I made this same point with Robert regarding videos. Youtube handles them very well and they seem to have unlimited bandwidth. So why should we bother with videos at all here !

We should bother hosting them here, becuase the video quality is 100x better! Of course, having an 8MByte/sec connection, I'm biased.

Pete's 2-cents :lol:

Post subject: videos
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:26 pm 

The videos aren't better for me on PS if I can't open them. Is there any way they can use the same format as Youtube so everyone can view the videos on PS? There is no wait on Youtube and they always open for me, but I can't view at least half of the ones on PS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:31 pm 

Perhaps you don't have the proper video codecs?

In addition, I think it's a bad idea to rely on an external site for hosting...

Who knows, the site might crash, the videos might be removed due to usage violations, etc.

An example: After PS allied with IMSLP, and began linking to their scores... IMSLP had to temporarily shut down.

And... I'm not really sure on this one... but didn't the Chinese government block YouTube in China?
If they did, then all the Chinese visitors might not be able to see these videos! :cry:

Well.......... that's just my tiny little itty-bitty opinion... I'm off to go hide in the corner again.

"This is death! This is death as this emanation of the female which leads to unification ... death and love ... this is the abyss." This is not music", said [Sabaneev] to him, "this is something else..." - "This is the Mysterium," he said softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Well.......... that's just my tiny little itty-bitty opinion... I'm off to go hide in the corner again.

:lol: :lol:

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:15 pm 

*sulks in corner*

And now people are laughing at me... :cry:
This is why I hide in the corner...
*goes to sulk some more*

"This is death! This is death as this emanation of the female which leads to unification ... death and love ... this is the abyss." This is not music", said [Sabaneev] to him, "this is something else..." - "This is the Mysterium," he said softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:20 pm 

demonic_advent wrote:
*sulks in corner*

And now people are laughing at me... :cry:
This is why I hide in the corner...
*goes to sulk some more*

How deliciously ironic! :twisted: :lol: