Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: relaxzation vs blood pressure.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:53 pm 

Hi everyone, I am doing some trials to debunk peoples theory about that blood pressure rises as more tension is build up on piano playing. Well, the onlyway to prove the point is using the blood pressure testor before and after playing....or youself.

1) blood pressure before 113/73 hear rate ;53

) trial one after 4 laps of op53 ---blood pressure results 116/78 hr 58 112/74 hr58

3) 4 etudes and 30 minutes of playing. 108/72 hr=57

4) one hour of reasonable hard playing but relaxed----111/81 hr 59; 109/73 hr 58

So after all, it seems there is no increase in my blood pressure before and after playing, as matter of facts, I think the blood was "slightly " reduced after playing...

Have your say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:33 am 

blood pressure probably won't be drastically changing. Piano playing is no where near running up 40 flights of stairs, or jogging nonstop for 1 hour. The only thing that might be affected is muscle fatique.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:45 pm 

I once attained a heart rate of 160 playing the Appassionata. Seriously, I had my heart rate monitor strapped on just out of curiosity.

Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:22 pm 

PJF wrote:
I once attained a heart rate of 160 playing the Appassionata. Seriously, I had my heart rate monitor strapped on just out of curiosity.

Pete
hummmm, very interesting 160. You must be puffing all the time. Its hard to understand with that high heart rate and you can still focus...amazing. You heart must be made out of honda vtec motors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:14 am 
Site Admin

Never done the test and I would be surprised if it changes very much on me (had 108/58 last time I checked, pretty low). I guess the heart rate goes up a bit but it should really depend on what you are playing and if you play in public or for yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:45 am 
Site Admin

I think this is interesting. I'm sure Robert is right about playing by yourself or playing in front of others. My heart rate must be sky-high when I'm playing for an audience. I think even when I am by myself and recording too, because I still get a little nervous when I push the 'record' button.

I don't have a monitor, but I think I may go get one just to see.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:49 pm 

[quote="pianolady"]I think this is interesting. I'm sure Robert is right about playing by yourself or playing in front of others. My heart rate must be sky-high when I'm playing for an audience. I think even when I am by myself and recording too, because I still get a little nervous when I push the 'record' button.

I don't have a monitor, but I think I may go get one just to see.[/quote]

Last 2 weeks, I did some performance for local church and some new friends as for Test audience... I actually did one a t the church and 3 at my home. The more you do it, the less nervours you get. And untill last week, my heart rate is back to "normal" in front of strangers as compared to when I do my own recordings. In my recording, I only press rec once for a 20 minutes session, if I stuck, i just kept on playing. eg 3-4 takes at the most.

Therefroe, more you practice in front of audeince,as I said-test audience the better you perform in front of 200 people.