Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The young youtube virtuosos
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 151
During the last months I stumbled upon really amazing videos of young and very skilled pianists at youtube, and I've the feeling that they're getting more and more....
The first one who really astonished me was Jeffrey Lee(I think he posted a video of a competition where he played the poissons d'or from debussy to the old pianosociety site) But at youtube he has an admirable collection of other piece like the balakirev islamey or the mephisto waltz, gaspard de la nuit or the famous scriabin etude.
Then a few weeks later I discovered videos of Kristian Cvetkovic, another even younger pianist who demonstrate his high abilities at youtube. I think he's only 15, that's crazy.
The next one I found was an 11 year old guy called Enzo. His pieces are not as difficult as the mephisto waltz or the islamey, but with playing chopins fantasie impromptu and la Campanella I#m sure that he will reach the same skills.
Today I found videos of this 13 year old korean girl, and the videos from her first concert are just crazy, you must have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/user/rladmscjf8439
I think if you really search after them you could name a lot of pianists like them and I'm asking myself if really famous pianists like Horowitz, Gould, Volodos or famous composers (and of course pianists) like rachmaninoff, Debussy or Liszt have been that good in their age?
Just tell me your opinion about those pianists....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
There is talent posted on Youtube. Have you ever heard of Cambry? Sure he isn't that young, but he is still pretty damn good:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PianoPlaya123

enjoy. and thanks for sharing.

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 151
Yes, I already saw this guy, I like his playing because it goes nicely with his smooth clothes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1278
Oh for God's sake!!! The Islamey is untenable. Really awful. (and I don't usually use language like that while describing someone else's playing)

If I was the girl's teacher I'd recommend something technically easier and more musically profound.

Also I'd remove the damping pedal! :lol:
She's brave, anyway. That's commendable. Now all she needs is-a some a-disciprine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:35 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Gulfport, MS, USA
PJF wrote:
Oh for God's sake!!! The Islamey is untenable. Really awful. (and I don't usually use language like that while describing someone else's playing)

If I was the girl's teacher I'd recommend something technically easier and more musically profound.

Also I'd remove the damping pedal! :lol:
She's brave, anyway. That's commendable. Now all she needs is-a some a-disciprine.

Well, I think most of the problem here was the pedal, the sound of the piano, and the recording quality. But yeah, I agree....it was horrible. I couldn't listen to much of it - just a wash of noise for the most part.

_________________
"Z Czernym poznałem się na panie brat—na dwa fortepiana często z nim u niego grywałem. Dobry człowiek, ale nic więcej..." - Fryderyk Chopin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 151
Horrible....hm ok here you see how easily amateurs like me can get impressed :lol: Did you watch the videos where she plays the pieces on the grand piano or those one where she plays on the upright? I don't know much about those pieces because they're totally over my own abilities but I think the concert videos are not that bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:34 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9637
Location: Netherlands
For sure, today's whiz kids, especially the Asian ones, will play anything at all to show off their prodigy. Whether that actually produces music, is another matter. Apart from the bad sound, that Islamey is a right proper mess in places, and has nothing much in the way of musicality (not sure how much musicality one can expect from a 13-year old). How right was Schumann to say it is much better to play a simple piece well than a difficult piece badly.

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:35 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Gulfport, MS, USA
Casper89 wrote:
Horrible....hm ok here you see how easily amateurs like me can get impressed :lol: Did you watch the videos where she plays the pieces on the grand piano or those one where she plays on the upright? I don't know much about those pieces because they're totally over my own abilities but I think the concert videos are not that bad.

We were talking specifically about the Islamey (her featured video), which was on the upright. That's the only one I watched - my connection is slow so I don't really have time to watch much more.
techneut wrote:
Apart from the bad sound, that Islamey is a right proper mess in places

How can you tell with all that muddiness? :lol: If I were her teacher, though (she says she doesn't have a teacher, which would explain a lot) I would concentrate above all on getting her to cut down on that pedal. Whatever other mistakes she made have to be trivial in comparison to that. But like I said before, I couldn't make myself listen to much of it - I don't enjoy listening to noise.

_________________
"Z Czernym poznałem się na panie brat—na dwa fortepiana często z nim u niego grywałem. Dobry człowiek, ale nic więcej..." - Fryderyk Chopin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1278
Casper89 wrote:
Horrible....hm ok here you see how easily amateurs like me can get impressed :lol: Did you watch the videos where she plays the pieces on the grand piano or those one where she plays on the upright? I don't know much about those pieces because they're totally over my own abilities but I think the concert videos are not that bad.


The intro to the Islamey was really good...too bad she couldn't s-l-o-w.....d-o-w-n.

I'm afraid to watch the other videos, but I'll give 'em the old college try. :lol:

Pete


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 167
Location: Canada


Last edited by Nicole on Tue May 20, 2008 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
I wish I had a teacher like that. :roll: Care to for another student? Except this one is about 500 miles away :x

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 167
Location: Canada
juufa72 wrote:
Care for another student?


That depends. In addition to playing with metronome sometimes, are you willing to count out loud if and when required for new rhythms? If no, the punishment here has become that if you give any attitude about counting 1+2+3+4+ out loud in English when requested, then you must instead do it in German. "Eins und Zwei und Drei und Fier und!".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
Nicole wrote:
juufa72 wrote:
Care for another student?


That depends. In addition to playing with metronome sometimes, are you willing to count out loud if and when required for new rhythms? If no, the punishment here has become that if you give any attitude about counting 1+2+3+4+ out loud in English when requested, then you must instead do it in German. "Eins und Zwei und Drei und Fier und!".


What about French? Un et deux et trois et quatre? Or Spanish? Uno y dos y tres y cuatro? :wink: Perhaps Polish would be better?

My teacher was never strict and cold. He was a nice guy who helped when I truly struggled, but most of the time he sat near me on the right side of the piano and commented a few times. I want someone with a meter stick and who is not hesitant to use it!

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 151
"fier" schreibt man mit "v" :lol: 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
Casper89 wrote:
"fier" schreibt man mit "v" :lol: 8)


At least she managed to place the "s" at the end of 1..."ein und zwei und drei und vier" ---"a and two and three and four" :wink:

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
I recall submitting a link to Youtube in one the forum topics....it was of a small(er) girl playing an Impromptu by Reinhold (spelling? Mr. John Robson submitted a recording and it is under the "_Various" composers page).....too bad I can't find that damn link.

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:30 am 
Quote:
I recall submitting a link to Youtube in one the forum topics....it was of a small(er) girl playing an Impromptu by Reinhold (spelling? Mr. John Robson submitted a recording and it is under the "_Various" composers page).....too bad I can't find that damn link.


Juufa, maybe this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt_PYw0R_i8


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
yes that's the one. it's a good performance considering how young she is and how small her hands are.

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
This is not Youtube, but the kid is nothing short of talented:

http://rickjonespianos.com/grands.htm

then scroll down just a little bit and click on the very first picture of the 2001 Kawai (priced at 21,000)

enjoy.

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
Ok, now this is disturbing! A 4 year old boy playing Bach's Partita in C-minor (by memory)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97SwPQe ... ed&search=


EDIT:

As the title suggests, he is a true master in the making:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZPxzJyIi-U&NR=1

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1278
juufa72 wrote:
Nicole wrote:
juufa72 wrote:
Care for another student?


That depends. In addition to playing with metronome sometimes, are you willing to count out loud if and when required for new rhythms? If no, the punishment here has become that if you give any attitude about counting 1+2+3+4+ out loud in English when requested, then you must instead do it in German. "Eins und Zwei und Drei und Fier und!".


What about French? Un et deux et trois et quatre? Or Spanish? Uno y dos y tres y cuatro? :wink: Perhaps Polish would be better?

My teacher was never strict and cold. He was a nice guy who helped when I truly struggled, but most of the time he sat near me on the right side of the piano and commented a few times. I want someone with a meter stick and who is not hesitant to use it!


I prefer Japanese, ichi, ni... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:35 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Gulfport, MS, USA
san, shi, go, lok, shichi, hachi, kyu, ju!

_________________
"Z Czernym poznałem się na panie brat—na dwa fortepiana często z nim u niego grywałem. Dobry człowiek, ale nic więcej..." - Fryderyk Chopin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1278
Oh, don't say "shi" for 4, it's bad form. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
wow more concern over the Japanese alphabet, than a child prodigy. :roll:

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:35 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Gulfport, MS, USA
PJF wrote:
Oh, don't say "shi" for 4, it's bad form. :lol:

I say "shi" for the single digit 4 and "yon" for the 40's and such. (Like, 44 would be yon ju shi.) That's how it was taught to me by a friend of mine from Tokyo.

_________________
"Z Czernym poznałem się na panie brat—na dwa fortepiana często z nim u niego grywałem. Dobry człowiek, ale nic więcej..." - Fryderyk Chopin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:27 pm
Posts: 194
Also on youtube is a series called "Imagine... Being a Concert Pianist"
a really amazing look into the world of these great masters.
It focuses on an 11 year old kid named Benjamin Grosvenor.
His musicality is unbelievable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:27 pm
Posts: 194
Also on youtube is a series called "Imagine... Being a Concert Pianist"
a really amazing look into the world of these great masters.
It focuses on an 11 year old kid named Benjamin Grosvenor.
His musicality is unbelievable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:36 pm
Posts: 46
I watched the video of that 13 yr old korean girl playing chopin etude op.10 no.4. Her fingers are like sticks and they look horrible.

you want a real child prodigy, take a look at the videos of this little japanese girl Ami Kobayashi.
She is so young but plays with so much expression etc. http://www.youtube.com/user/klingsor93


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1278
amelialw wrote:

you want a real child prodigy, take a look at the videos of this little japanese girl Ami Kobayashi.
She is so young but plays with so much expression etc. http://www.youtube.com/user/klingsor93


Holy crap!!!

She's one in a billion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:38 pm
Posts: 8542
I quit!

_________________
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." ~ Frederic Chopin

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:36 pm
Posts: 46
just because of those videos you can't give up that easily.

I may sound nuts, but I don't get affected by all these videos, in fact I end up working alot harder then usual. It does'nt make me feel deppressed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:04 pm
Posts: 725
Location: Louisiana, USA
Oh geez ... that little girl is sick! so much expression .. insane

_________________
the one, the only ... Nathan Coleman
"You see, my piano is for me what his ship is to a sailor; more indeed: it is my very self, my mother tongue, my life." - Franz Liszt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:44 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9637
Location: Netherlands
And next to all the expression, a totally mature and immaculate performance. Amazing how sonorous a sound she produces. Yundi Li had better watch his back. Such staggering talent makes me wonder why us plodding amateurs are even bothering....

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 2388
Location: Obamanation, unfortunately...
her facial expressions remind me of Lang Lang....how sad there must be a common training method for all the Asian pianists--"silly facial expressions sell!" :?

_________________
Madam, what makes you think that I play with my hands?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:49 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9637
Location: Netherlands
And there's a video of her performing as a 3-year old... She can barely reach halfway the pedals. Not sure if this a miracle of a freak of nature :?

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 151
Yeah really astonishing those kids, but I don't want to have their childhood.......but I've to admit that I enjoy to watch how they put every week new videos on youtube and how their technique develops. Enzo and JE Kim are my favorite of those young pianists....I always wonder how on earth they can record almost each week a new technical difficult work......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:36 pm
Posts: 46
juufa72 wrote:
her facial expressions remind me of Lang Lang....how sad there must be a common training method for all the Asian pianists--"silly facial expressions sell!" :?


I don't think that you realise that those are natural facial expressions, it's her own way of expressing the music.

In general, all asians, how can you say we are trained to do that. We are not, those expressions are natural, even with me.

_________________
Carrying on to work on Schubert Impromptus op.9 nos.1,3&4 after competition. Going to learn no.2 to complete the set. Carrying on with Czerny op.299 from Bk 2 & working on a couple of Bach P+F's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1278
pianolady wrote:
I quit!


Fortunately, 99.999% of pianists would probably have shared the sentiment.

Pete


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1278
amelialw wrote:
juufa72 wrote:
her facial expressions remind me of Lang Lang....how sad there must be a common training method for all the Asian pianists--"silly facial expressions sell!" :?


I don't think that you realise that those are natural facial expressions, it's her own way of expressing the music.

In general, all asians, how can you say we are trained to do that. We are not, those expressions are natural, even with me.


Indeed, the facial expressions of (I don't mean to sound in any way racist) of Asians are especially intense. I'm curious, are there cultural inspirations to these stereotypically intense emotive facial mannerisms? I rather like Lang Lang's convulsions; it's as though he were a child filled with wonderment, discovering each sound anew.

I hope someone could elucidate.

Pete


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:36 pm
Posts: 46
for me, nothing, no one, affects the expression on my face. It just comes naturally when i am 100% focused on the music. Actually I never knew till I saw a few photos people took of me when I was playing the piano and my piano teacher told me that.

My teacher said there is nothing wrong, in fact she enjoys my playing more when I drift off even if I make weird facial expressions.

_________________
Carrying on to work on Schubert Impromptus op.9 nos.1,3&4 after competition. Going to learn no.2 to complete the set. Carrying on with Czerny op.299 from Bk 2 & working on a couple of Bach P+F's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1278
amelialw wrote:
for me, nothing, no one, affects the expression on my face. It just comes naturally when i am 100% focused on the music. Actually I never knew till I saw a few photos people took of me when I was playing the piano and my piano teacher told me that.

My teacher said there is nothing wrong, in fact she enjoys my playing more when I drift off even if I make weird facial expressions.


The same for me, nothing consciously enters my mind to affect my mannerisms (or lack thereof). It could be our mirror neurons talking. We imitate our peers whether we like it or not.

Of course, facial expressions or other quirks should never be a source of self-consciousness or stress, as they are quite helpful in focusing a pianist's energy. Somehow, a grimace can contain what would otherwise be an extraneous motion of the playing mechanism. Indeed, the sound is what matters.

Pete

P.S. What's your name again?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:35 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Gulfport, MS, USA
Amelia!

_________________
"Z Czernym poznałem się na panie brat—na dwa fortepiana często z nim u niego grywałem. Dobry człowiek, ale nic więcej..." - Fryderyk Chopin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:36 pm
Posts: 46
Terez wrote:
Amelia!


yes?? :?:

_________________
Carrying on to work on Schubert Impromptus op.9 nos.1,3&4 after competition. Going to learn no.2 to complete the set. Carrying on with Czerny op.299 from Bk 2 & working on a couple of Bach P+F's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:35 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Gulfport, MS, USA
hehe...see? Her name is Amelia. :) I had a great-great-aunt named Amelia. We called her Aunt Melo...

Amelia, if you want your quote tags to work properly, you have to disable HTML, either in your profile or in the check boxes at the bottom of each post.

_________________
"Z Czernym poznałem się na panie brat—na dwa fortepiana często z nim u niego grywałem. Dobry człowiek, ale nic więcej..." - Fryderyk Chopin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:36 pm
Posts: 46
Terez wrote:
hehe...see? Her name is Amelia. :) I had a great-great-aunt named Amelia. We called her Aunt Melo...

Amelia, if you want your quote tags to work properly, you have to disable HTML, either in your profile or in the check boxes at the bottom of each post.


haha...alright thanks!
yeah, every so often when i go for an exam or go to a music shop, people will ask what my name is. When I tell them, they always go aww...that's such a sweet name. My aunt/ grandaunt etc. has the same name.

_________________
Carrying on to work on Schubert Impromptus op.9 nos.1,3&4 after competition. Going to learn no.2 to complete the set. Carrying on with Czerny op.299 from Bk 2 & working on a couple of Bach P+F's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:35 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Gulfport, MS, USA
amelialw wrote:
Terez wrote:
hehe...see? Her name is Amelia. :) I had a great-great-aunt named Amelia. We called her Aunt Melo...


yeah, every so often when i go for an exam or go to a music shop, people will ask what my name is. When I tell them, they always go aww...that's such a sweet name. My aunt/ grandaunt etc. has the same name.

:lol: I believe it - some names just get generational implications, and Amelia is one of those. It goes in the same category as Gertrude, Mildred, Henrietta, and quite a few others.

I think Amelia is prettier than the others, though - the camellia is a very common flower where I live, and one of my favorites. ;)

_________________
"Z Czernym poznałem się na panie brat—na dwa fortepiana często z nim u niego grywałem. Dobry człowiek, ale nic więcej..." - Fryderyk Chopin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:36 pm
Posts: 46
Terez wrote:
amelialw wrote:
Terez wrote:
hehe...see? Her name is Amelia. :) I had a great-great-aunt named Amelia. We called her Aunt Melo...


yeah, every so often when i go for an exam or go to a music shop, people will ask what my name is. When I tell them, they always go aww...that's such a sweet name. My aunt/ grandaunt etc. has the same name.

:lol: I believe it - some names just get generational implications, and Amelia is one of those. It goes in the same category as Gertrude, Mildred, Henrietta, and quite a few others.

I think Amelia is prettier than the others, though - the camellia is a very common flower where I live, and one of my favorites. ;)


thank you, you're so sweet.

btw I think we are going wayy of topic here :lol:

_________________
Carrying on to work on Schubert Impromptus op.9 nos.1,3&4 after competition. Going to learn no.2 to complete the set. Carrying on with Czerny op.299 from Bk 2 & working on a couple of Bach P+F's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:35 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Gulfport, MS, USA
Well, the original topic ranges from depressing to annoying, so the diversion was enjoyable. ;)

_________________
"Z Czernym poznałem się na panie brat—na dwa fortepiana często z nim u niego grywałem. Dobry człowiek, ale nic więcej..." - Fryderyk Chopin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 151
Watch this young man and his vids, incredible, I'm not sure if he has done something else than playing the piano in his life.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHzZDdhQSnk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:35 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Gulfport, MS, USA
I bet he has, cause there's a violin under the piano. :lol: Or maybe it's a viola....

_________________
"Z Czernym poznałem się na panie brat—na dwa fortepiana często z nim u niego grywałem. Dobry człowiek, ale nic więcej..." - Fryderyk Chopin


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group