Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: The Longest Birthday
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:17 pm 

Hi, I haven't been here for a long time :-)
As you know, I'm from Poland and we are currently celebrating Chopin's 200th birthday. There are various types of celebrations, but for me the most interesting idea is The Longest Birthday.

The Longest Birthday was conceived the last year. Since there are two possible dates of Chopin's birth, the originator of the project - Edyta Duda-Olechowska came up with an idea to play Chopin's music non-stop, between those dates!
The celebration started two days ago and will end on the 1st of March. The main idea is that Chopin's music can be played by everyone - apart from the well-known Polish musicians it is played by professors and students of music schools and universities, but also by amateurs. Anyone could take part in this undertaking.

...I also played there - yesterday at 8.30 PM CET I played a few Mazurkas and Ballade in F Major, op. 38 :-) I played after Andrzej Jagodzinski - one of the best-known Polish jazz players, so I couldn't complain about the audience ;-) I hope I will play there again, I'll let you know.

You can watch the concert on the internet. It is streamed - live! You can find it HERE.

Post subject: Re: The Longest Birthday
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Kschyschtoff wrote:
Hi, I haven't been here for a long time :-)

Hi Kschyschtoff - I remember you from our game thread. Shame on you for staying away so long! :)

I have been discussing Chopin a lot with various people in various places a lot lately. I'm glad you posted this link - a nice idea this 'longest birthday' celebration. I have it on right now. Is there a way to see your performance yesterday? I can't read polish.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject: Re: The Longest Birthday
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:50 pm 

Hello :-)
Yes, shame on me, but meanwhile I have experienced some kind of transition of personal views on music. Anyway, I have returned ;-)

Well, it is recorded. However, it's not available yet [I still don't know whether it will be released on the internet, but I'll paste it here anyway]. We will have to wait until the end of celebrations ;-)